• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

They pretty much tell you when you get there. But you should make about 6 grand while you're there (E-5 pay for three months) in addition to your uniform allowance, and 3 grand is more the top end of the uniform costs (since I sprung for the Brooks Brothers SDB's, which are hella nice but as a pilot I really don't wear them much at all unfortunately). And outside of the uniform expenses, you're not really spending much money, at least until candio phase.
Do we get an initial clothing allowance of any kind? I know enlisted does.

R. S.

In regards to uniform payments -I remember in boot camp at RTC they garnished your wages while you were there to pay for your uniforms. Will they do this at OCS as well or can I make my own arrangements to pay? I ask because I have dependent BAH and have mortgage payments etc

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
In regards to uniform payments -I remember in boot camp at RTC they garnished your wages while you were there to pay for your uniforms. Will they do this at OCS as well or can I make my own arrangements to pay? I ask because I have dependent BAH and have mortgage payments etc
You'll be set up with an account at the uniform shop that will need to be paid off before you commission. How you choose to pay is up to you. I paid it off with the Star Card since you get a first purchase discount and then paid off the balance on the card asap.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
How much is the initial clothing allowance?
I'll check MyPay when I get on base later today to see how much they gave us, but if I recall correctly, they gave us two payments: the bigger one that came with the first paycheck, and then another one on the first O-1 paycheck after we commissioned.

Are you broken service or AD? Because AD will also get their last annual enlisted uniform maintenance allowance, prorated for however far you are into the current year when you check into OCS.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Oops, TIL that MyPay only keeps your last 12 paychecks, so I can't look at the first payment, but the second one (which for some reason shows up as UEA initial, even though I suspect that means Uniform Enlisted Allowance) was for $400.
I can look at the first payment in USAA and work backward though.

Okay, so my first paycheck was for about 3 grand, and the next bimonthly was for 933, so it looks like the initial allowance payment was around 2 grand. If you don't get the Brooks Brothers SDB's, you should be pretty close to being in the black, but if you wear the blues a lot as a suppo, I'd consider splurging, they're really nice. But that's a decision you'll have to make a long way down the road, something like week 6.

FutureSuppo

I'll check MyPay when I get on base later today to see how much they gave us, but if I recall correctly, they gave us two payments: the bigger one that came with the first paycheck, and then another one on the first O-1 paycheck after we commissioned.

Are you broken service or AD? Because AD will also get their last annual enlisted uniform maintenance allowance, prorated for however far you are into the current year when you check into OCS.
Yes, I'm prior service but I've been out since Feb 2012. And are there options to choose from concerning the SDB's?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
So is that why they say you're initial sea bag can be from $2700 - $3100? The higher one being that you selected the brooks brother SDB's?
Yeah my bill was around 3 grand and I sprung for the Brooks Brothers. In retrospect, I might've gone with Flying Cross since I don't wear them all that often as a pilot (even the Change of Command ceremonies are in flight suits unless you're participating), but it's personal preference.

cb812

SNA
Is anyone else having a hard time tracking down immunization records? What happens if you cannot get a hold of these for OCS check-in?