• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UPDATE!!! PICTURES !! Need roommate(s) in corpus

Raptor2216

I am going to be looking at a condo in the next couple of days and I would like to know if anyone here is moving out here any time soon. I don't have the exact details at the moment but what I do know is that this is a 3BR/3bath condo on the island and the realtor says its extremely nice. The rent is only $900/mo and two people could very easily afford this place.

I will be going to look at it tomorrow and I should have pictures to post. If any of you are going to be out here, let me know if you would be interested in taking over one room. I can pay one months worth of rent on my own but after that, I will need help so I need some kind of assurance that you won't back out on me.

Here is an update:

http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/roo/321674599.html

MasterBates

Try craigslist. I got my roomate there.

I had a couple guys heading down in a couple weeks that are looking, but I filled my condo. If you want me to tell them about what you have, PM me your email.

Raptor2216

Like I said, I am going to see it tomorrow and I will have pictures and exact details. I just wanted to get the word out so that I at least know there is some chance of me being able to say yes to the owner.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I have a friend who is losing both of his roommates pretty soon; he's got a pretty nice house on the island.

Raptor2216

How in the the hell do you edit a this thread??

Anyway, here is an update

http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/roo/321674599.html

Its a large condo, very close to the beach, nice and clean with a two car garage. The rent is very reasonable for this property at $575 and that is with only two people. Obviously, with three people it is even less.

I plan on moving in on friday so call me at 510-468-3423 or email parubhi@hotmail.com or leave a message here.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
the AD said:
I am very clean and orderly and I expect my roommates to be the same...in other words, I should have to tell someone to clean up after themselves.

Should you have to tell them when to go to bed too? :confused:

Raptor2216

Can someone please edit my main post to read that it has been updated? I don't see the edit button because its been too long since I posted, I assume. If it can't be updated, I will have to repost and that might piss some of your off.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
I prefer to only rent out one of the rooms but if I can find someone to take the third room, we can work something out.

For two people, the rent will be $575/person and there is a security deposit of $575/person. The utilities will obviously be extra and split down the middle...I expect the total rent to be $700/mo/person, give or take a few.

For three people, it will be $383/person and a security deposit of $383/person. The utilities will be split in thirds.

Maybe it's just me, but the verbiage is a little confusing here...

When you say "For two people" are you saying for two more people, or another person and you are including yourself. If the latter, I would say "rent will be $575/month with a $575 deposit." If the former, then the reader doesn't know what you are charging for him/her.

And then if the latter again, for the three people (if you are including yourself) I would say "For two people." Simply because you are providing a service "for" two people.

"I expect the total rent to be $700/mo/person, give or take a few." - I would take out the word rent when you are adding rent + utilities, and say something more along the lines "I would expect around 'x' amount in utilities per month." The lower the number, the more attractive it sounds, even though it's the same. People can do the math themselves, but when reading, bigger numbers scare people.

Maybe also mention if you are going to do rent and utils at the same time, or if they will be staggered. Being a seasoned craiglists renter and having to budget my life carefully, this helps in picking out what is the best deal for me.

hopefully this helps

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I prefer to only rent out one of the rooms but if I can find someone to take the third room, we can work something out.

For two people, the rent will be $575/person and there is a security deposit of $575/person. The utilities will obviously be extra and split down the middle...I expect the total rent to be $700/mo/person, give or take a few.

For three people, it will be $383/person and a security deposit of $383/person. The utilities will be split in thirds.

Maybe it's just me, but the verbiage is a little confusing here...

When you say "For two people" are you saying for two more people, or another person and you are including yourself. If the latter, I would say "rent will be $575/month with a $575 deposit." If the former, then the reader doesn't know what you are charging for him/her.

And then if the latter again, for the three people (if you are including yourself) I would say "For two people." Simply because you are providing a service "for" two people.

"I expect the total rent to be $700/mo/person, give or take a few." - I would take out the word rent when you are adding rent + utilities, and say something more along the lines "I would expect around 'x' amount in utilities per month." The lower the number, the more attractive it sounds, even though it's the same. People can do the math themselves, but when reading, bigger numbers scare people.

Maybe also mention if you are going to do rent and utils at the same time, or if they will be staggered. Being a seasoned craiglists renter and having to budget my life carefully, this helps in picking out what is the best deal for me.

hopefully this helps

^^ Obviously not room mate material. ;)

Brett