• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Upcoming PFT

vbrown9

Sioux769
Hello, I recently have started the application process for a PLC air contract and have my ASTB, MEPS, and PFT all in less than a week. I am in Ok shape but probably wont get anywhere close to a perfect score on my first go as I haven't really trained a whole lot in the last few months. How long does it typically take to get a retake of the PFT so I can be better prepared? I only started this whole process with about a weeks notice so I fear I might have made a mistake or rushed reaching out to the Marine recruiting Officer. The Captain at the office told me that it is a good thing to show maximum progress if you do retake the PFT which I'm planning on doing I just want to know if I'm screwed if I'm not hitting a great initial score right now.

Ryan Hanna

pilot
Most likely your OSO wants to get a baseline PFT to see where you are at. Being in "ok" shape can mean a lot of things to different people, the PFT can sometimes be an eye opener.

As far as being screwed, as long as you make progress. Unless it has changed, you need a first class PFT to contract, but your goal should be to get as close to a 300 as you can. Your OSO will probably have you run multiple ones before a board and if he doesn't you can always ask.

My first PFT was not even a first class, but by the end of the school year I was running in the 290s. If you put in the work you'll see your score improve regardless of where you started at.

What Ryan said.

Also - In my poole candidates hit up the captain to schedule PFTs... When boards are coming/contracts are about to be signed they'll have you run another PFT.

My OSO is always saying he doesn't care if you fail the first time as long as you're improving.....but it's best not to fail/come close to failing.

Best and good luck.

Also - Just a guess. But they're probably trying to get all those boxes checked ASAP so they can get you submitted for NAMI. The line is quite long at the moment from what I've heard from my OSO and others....... thanks to COVID.

vbrown9

Sioux769
Also - Just a guess. But they're probably trying to get all those boxes checked ASAP so they can get you submitted for NAMI. The line is quite long at the moment from what I've heard from my OSO and others....... thanks to COVID.

What is NAMI?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
What is NAMI?

18xege.jpg