• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Unusual Military Patches...funny and otherwise

Kycntryboy

pilot
Here's our shoulder patch from the boat.......slapped these guys on our shoulders after the qual. Promptly removed them when they angered certain folks around the sqdn spaces at home plate:
hooker.jpg

I think I have a good idea who it is too. Is it "my favorite shipmate?"

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Here's our shoulder patch from the boat.......slapped these guys on our shoulders after the qual. Promptly removed them when they angered certain folks around the sqdn spaces at home plate:
hooker.jpg

lmao, and a classic is born!

exhelodrvr

pilot
That same summer the Connie's BG was steaming around the Gulf of Oman and some other parts of the Western Paciifc. We cut off an exercise near DG to steam north in reaction to TWA 847.

Yeah - eight hours prior to pulling into Naples, they turned us around and headed us east. There was a big group of squadron wives that had flown out from Jacksonville for that port visit; apparently they were waiting on the pier at the scheduled time, and the ship never showed up.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Nimitz (CVW 8) spent most of the summer of 1985 steaminginside a small box off the coast of Lebanon (this included the time when TWA 847 was hijacked and taken to Beirut). They had patches made up for "Beno Station" (Be no liberty, be no beer, be no women)- unfortunately they were quickly banned, and I never got one.

I remember that either the Indy or JFK had patches made up for that same CVOA in the Eastern Med circa 1983-84. They called it "Bagel Station".

The Crab

Couple from the UK from the days of the low level attack master, the Blackburn Buccaneer. The patch on the left was banned shortly after they gave up Bucc's in 1994 and a female Pilot joined the Squadron in their new role training new Pilots on the Hawk. The patch on the right survives, as does the ethos !!

Pretty apt sentiments though, especially in the halycon days of Buccaneer Ops ..

208 Penetrate.jpg208 Drink.jpg

OldNavy

Nimitz (CVW 8) spent most of the summer of 1985 steaminginside a small box off the coast of Lebanon (this included the time when TWA 847 was hijacked and taken to Beirut). They had patches made up for "Beno Station" (Be no liberty, be no beer, be no women)- unfortunately they were quickly banned, and I never got one.

Ahhhh, "The Box"

I was stuck in it also on the Iwo Jima (LPH2)

OldNavy

We had it on our coins as well. It was a pretty neat patch (worn on Fridays) that was also good for shenanigans on the road because it didn't have the command on it anywhere. Pair that with the appropriate air show name tag and you're in business. :D

Brett

OK, not a patch, but it's still funny.

dixie.jpg

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I like the design, but the motto?

Is that really how you view yourself?

Then again, a screaming bitch from hell IS about the scariest thing I can imagine, so maybe that's the point.