• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UNREP (pics)

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Long, hot days out here, but definitely worth it, here are some of the pictures I have amassed so far.

For those going on deployment or are on deployment stay safe and hopefully the ice cream made it without melting.

Attachments

• BreakAway.jpg
    BreakAway.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Approach.jpg
    Approach.jpg
    869.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 123

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Icecream from melting? Good luck, I can easily remember the hour and a half long vert reps in the gulf, only to see the last thing going downstairs to be the first thing they put on deck. The ice cream, yeah 5 gallon cans going into davy jones's locker by the handful :(

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Ahhhh...

The greatest mission a helo can do...well, more accurately, the greatest mission a helo pilot can fly...well, more accurately, possibly the greatest POTENTIAL for living in the AVOID region of the HV diagram and loving every freakin' second of it...well, more accurately...Greatest response to the following question:

Q: "So where in the water do you want to put this thing if it loses an engine? "

A: "Hell I don't know...maybe..." YOU HAVE GREEN DECK FOR VERTREP "ROGER, CLEAR FOR VERTREP."

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ugh. That "lovely" Reuben James. Looks like they finally un-welded the gym equipment out of the starboard helo hanger. Jackasses.

Anyone know if they're still in Pearl? If so, that should be a -37 det onboard...maybe it's bch. I can't remember if they left for good.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
ChunksJR said:
Ahhhh...

The greatest mission a helo can do...well, more accurately, the greatest mission a helo pilot can fly...well, more accurately, possibly the greatest POTENTIAL for living in the AVOID region of the HV diagram and loving every freakin' second of it...well, more accurately...Greatest response to the following question:

Q: "So where in the water do you want to put this thing if it loses an engine? "

A: "Hell I don't know...maybe..." YOU HAVE GREEN DECK FOR VERTREP "ROGER, CLEAR FOR VERTREP."

Nice.

Being the hookman it goes from "wow this is freaking awesome" to, "holy crap please dont kill me".

Some pilots are real smooth and bring the hook right down to us, or like the other day keep walking the helo forward and lower to the point where I was starting to go further underneath the tail of the helo.

Its also a little disconcerning watching loose plastic wrap from a broken down pallet on a CG next door get sucked up into the engine and rotor.

As for the ice cream, it ususally goes first, that or the beer.