• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

University of Md ready to test human powered helo

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
This must be a tough project, because IIRC most of my Engineering peers weren't exactly at the "pinnacle" of physical fitness.

navyterp67

pilot
I'm not an engineering student here, but a friend of mine who has been working on this project for the last couple years let me take a look at it yesterday. It's pretty cool considering the whole rig weighs only 100 pounds. The pilot is not an engineer; they just sent an email to the cycling club and got their lightest girl to fly it.

If you want to watch the live video, here's the link:

http://lecture.umd.edu/detsmediasit....aspx?peid=dae7b8b7686a4639a0faa0f58ebd08651d

Yesterday they were trying to fix the chain because it kept coming off in testing, and I think they're still working on it now. It's supposed to go up anytime from now until noon. Also, they told me they all have bets on this thing. My friends on the project don't have very high hopes.

High... haha terrible...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm not an engineering student here, but a friend of mine who has been working on this project for the last couple years let me take a look at it yesterday. It's pretty cool considering the whole rig weighs only 100 pounds. The pilot is not an engineer; they just sent an email to the cycling club and got their lightest girl to fly it.

If you want to watch the live video, here's the link:

http://lecture.umd.edu/detsmediasit....aspx?peid=dae7b8b7686a4639a0faa0f58ebd08651d

Yesterday they were trying to fix the chain because it kept coming off in testing, and I think they're still working on it now. It's supposed to go up anytime from now until noon. Also, they told me they all have bets on this thing. My friends on the project don't have very high hopes.

High... haha terrible...

Nothing like some of the heaviest heads in the country needing the assistance of their local bicycle shop for assistance. :p