• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

University of Idaho NROTC

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I am having trouble finding any information about the University of Idaho NROTC unit. Is there anyone who was a member of this unit? If so how was the unit and the school. Thank you.

Crowbar

None
http://www.navy.uidaho.edu/

First search result on google.

Did you actually look at that site? It's pretty much just a placeholder until somebody actually makes a site.

College Programs. Post information here from WSU and UI about scholarship opportunities, admission requirements, etc.
Last Updated ( Wednesday, 14 May 2008 17:23 )

Stuff for the STA-21 guys. Dates and the like. Reasons to move here.
100 % tuition paid for.
Last Updated ( Wednesday, 14 May 2008 17:23 )

Nice try, but no.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
If you have questions about the ROTC program or are interested in learning more, please contact LT. Roberts at our unit building on the University of Idaho campus. He is also reachable via his email adress, claytonr@uidaho.edu or you can call his office phone at (208) 885-2179.

Have you attempted to give them a call on the telephone?

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
There is a phone number listed to call Mr. Roberts on the site, maybe talk to him about a Palm tree. I hope I'm not the only one who gets that joke...

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
Have you attempted to give them a call on the telephone?

Thank you for the phone number. I have not contacted him yet. I am hoping to see how the Mids and OCs felt about the unit. It is my understanding that sometimes what the staff says about the unit can be a little different than what the students say.

Crowbar

None
I think what people are missing is that he's not looking for some link to some website that has some phone number on it.

For people going into STA-21 and MECEP, talking to current/former students can help decide where you end up going. If the officers at the school give you the old, "Our students are too busy (or aren't available right now) to answer questions" line, it probably means they don't want students talking to prospects and telling them how horrible it is. I get the feeling 0812GM is looking for people who actually know something, not "answers" copied from a half-assed website.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
I've got a couple of friends in the NROTC unit over there. They're both Marine options but I'm sure they could have one of their Navy buddies get in touch with you.

PM me if you're interested and I'll see what I can do.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Granted this was a couple years ago, but I almost joined as a Marine option and I've visited twice, hanging out with all the students. Seems to be a pretty good shindig they've got going over there. I enlisted instead, but I'm fairly sure that if I had ended up joining them I wouldn't regret it. Can't speak for the officers since I didn't have any prolonged contact with them but the students were all motivated and seemed to have good morale.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
When I was picked up for STA-21 five years ago I looked at Idaho and put it down as my second choice.

The unit seemed very relaxed...the CO's statement on the website, at the time, talked about how proud he was of their MWR gear locker and how MIDN X, Y and Z snagged really big bucks last season. This when other websites talked about uniform inspections and mandatory drill team, etc.

When I applied to Idaho the U was more proactive and receptive to OCs than any of the other colleges at which I looked. They accepted me almost immediately (I believe WAZZU's policy IS automatic acceptance to OCs) and offered me a $2-3000/yr grant knowing that the Navy already paid for everything. Idaho is also one of the dozen or so units where Nuke options are allowed to go so keep that in mind.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Also, type pugil sticks in youtube and click the first result. You'll get to meet him if you go there. :)

donmagicjuan

Don't. Bite. Your friends!
pilot
Oh, come on. Where's your esprit de corps? :) Besides, I can't think of a better way to spend my spring break than by sitting around answering trivia questions about the history of SWO-dom (incorrectly). No matter what we never had it as bad as those poor saps in Utah, though.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Until you had to drive to Salt Lake City. I'll admit I enjoyed my three years on the rifle team. I did not enjoy the rest of the crap that came with the shooting.