• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

University of Colorado at Boulder NROTC

BoaisyJon

Point of parliamentary procedure!
CU class of 06 here...

I wouldn't recommend CU-Denver if you want to do NROTC, for all the reasons listed above. 30 miles isn't far if your college is in the sticks...but Denver to Boulder is Bona Fide metropolitan area now. The commute is a bitch, any sort of weather (from blizzards to sunshine) makes it worse. If you want to have significant involvement (which I'm assuming you do), the commute is going to be really tough. Point is, if you're in Denver, you're probably going to have a less stressful existence going the BDCP or OCS route.

If you can get into Boulder, go there. Rush a fraternity, get involved. It's a great place to be an undergrad (though I'd rate football Saturdays a C-). Cheers.

erelislt

CU class of 06 here...

I wouldn't recommend CU-Denver if you want to do NROTC, for all the reasons listed above. 30 miles isn't far if your college is in the sticks...but Denver to Boulder is Bona Fide metropolitan area now. The commute is a bitch, any sort of weather (from blizzards to sunshine) makes it worse. If you want to have significant involvement (which I'm assuming you do), the commute is going to be really tough. Point is, if you're in Denver, you're probably going to have a less stressful existence going the BDCP or OCS route.

If you can get into Boulder, go there. Rush a fraternity, get involved. It's a great place to be an undergrad (though I'd rate football Saturdays a C-). Cheers.

Thanks! I will definately take this into consideration.

k_smittay

My Brother went to CU as a civie...Just to give you a heads up on what the Navy is going to pay - Out of state tuition is the most expensive for a public school in the Nation. When he graduated in 2004, it was $42k. So don't fvck it away.

Fvuk em' up, fvck em' up, Go CU! The most fun I've ever had on a college campus, however - And you can't been the free bus trip daily to Breckenridge sponsored by the Alumni Assoc.

Good luck.

All active duty military at CU pay in-state tuition.

kirtap

I'm doing NROTC there right now. Lets just say its amazing. Just like everyone said, the campus is amazing, there's always something to do in the mountains or on the Hill (where all the houses are). I've been told that out of all my friends from high school, I like my college the best. I've had a few friends come out and visit me and everyone of them is jealous.

I love the unit as well. It is very close knit. I love all the OCs and the MECEPs. The staff is very helpful and nice, they just want to see you succeed.

There are a few kids from Denver. Not sure how much of a pain it is. I've heard that one of the freshman kids from Denver is transferring to Boulder next semester.

PM me with any questions as well.