• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

University of Colorado at Boulder NROTC

navybackseater

None
I went to CU - the NROTC program is very solid - plenty of leadership opportunities, great chain of command (at least when I was there - 05). BEAUTIFUL campus! The unit seemed to be very close; PM me and I'll answer any specific Qs you have.

navysoccer18

FNG
pilot
I commissioned from NROTC as a midshipman back in 06. I found it to be a great program, especially the fact that it contained an abnormally high number of STA-21 Officer Candidates. This gave the midshipmen a great way to interact with formerly enlisted sailors, and the OC's a great support network. The staff was great during my time there, and who wouldn't want to go to school at the foot of the Rocky Mountains? You can also PM me for any specific questions.

FelixTheGreat

World's greatest pilot and occasional hero
pilot
Is Colonel Mock still active in any of the stuff up there? He still brags about making the CU ROTC programs what they are today.

navybackseater

None
I commissioned from NROTC as a midshipman back in 06. I found it to be a great program, especially the fact that it contained an abnormally high number of STA-21 Officer Candidates. This gave the midshipmen a great way to interact with formerly enlisted sailors, and the OC's a great support network. The staff was great during my time there, and who wouldn't want to go to school at the foot of the Rocky Mountains? You can also PM me for any specific questions.

haha - when I was there, all the midshipmen complained about us OCs! You loved us, you really did! lol.

erelislt

I went to CU - the NROTC program is very solid - plenty of leadership opportunities, great chain of command (at least when I was there - 05). BEAUTIFUL campus! The unit seemed to be very close; PM me and I'll answer any specific Qs you have.

Does CU Denver have different NROTC program than Boulder? I am planning to go to CU Denver, do you know anything about that location? Thanks!

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
We went up to CU for a drill meet. Within 15 minutes I wish I had chosen CU as my school. The campus is amazing, and with snowboarding until May how can you complain.

navybackseater

None
Does CU Denver have different NROTC program than Boulder? I am planning to go to CU Denver, do you know anything about that location? Thanks!

Actually, that is exactly how I did it. You take classes in Denver but do NROTC in Boulder - live somewhere 1/2 way cause the commute can start to be a.....well you know. Especially in the winter - NO ONE on 36 can drive!!! and despite what you may hear, there are no Denver exceptions - you are still expected to attend all functions.

erelislt

Actually, that is exactly how I did it. You take classes in Denver but do NROTC in Boulder - live somewhere 1/2 way cause the commute can start to be a.....well you know. Especially in the winter - NO ONE on 36 can drive!!! and despite what you may hear, there are no Denver exceptions - you are still expected to attend all functions.

Great info. How far is it from Boulder to Denver? Do you have contact to someone at Boulder's NROTC? Thanks!

erelislt

Also, was it hard to get accepted to Denver? I am in the midst of applying. What was you GPA and how many credits did you have? :) Thanks for your help.

navybackseater

None
Also, was it hard to get accepted to Denver? I am in the midst of applying. What was you GPA and how many credits did you have? :) Thanks for your help.

Getting into CU Denver is not difficult, don't worry about it; get your application in on time and you'll be golden.

As far as a contact - I'm sure no one that I knew is still there - if you go to www.colorado.edu/NROTC you can find contact numbers and other useful info.

If it is the same as when I was there, you'll have drill every Thursday and there are various other obligations that you will have to meet throughout the semester. You'll do most of your military classes at NSI in Rhode Island, and your Jr and Sr year you will have to complete some leadership courses.

As a prior, I would suggest volunteering for a "job" within the NROTC structure. You'll learn about that later.

Hope that helps

erelislt

Getting into CU Denver is not difficult, don't worry about it; get your application in on time and you'll be golden.

As far as a contact - I'm sure no one that I knew is still there - if you go to www.colorado.edu/NROTC you can find contact numbers and other useful info.

If it is the same as when I was there, you'll have drill every Thursday and there are various other obligations that you will have to meet throughout the semester. You'll do most of your military classes at NSI in Rhode Island, and your Jr and Sr year you will have to complete some leadership courses.

As a prior, I would suggest volunteering for a "job" within the NROTC structure. You'll learn about that later.

Hope that helps

Good info. Thanks! Out of three universities I applied to, I got one acceptance letter so far (got that done in less than a week). Still waiting for CU Denver and one other one :)

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
Go Buffs. Math major and grad in '01. I'm from Colorado so it was a no-brainer but best decision of my 14 year Navy career. Denver is a great city and I also went to Metro State in '92 which is on the same campus as CU Denver. Everything you could want in outdoor adventures and sports. Also very good bar scene if you're into that.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
$$$

My Brother went to CU as a civie...Just to give you a heads up on what the Navy is going to pay - Out of state tuition is the most expensive for a public school in the Nation. When he graduated in 2004, it was $42k. So don't fvck it away.

Fvuk em' up, fvck em' up, Go CU! The most fun I've ever had on a college campus, however - And you can't been the free bus trip daily to Breckenridge sponsored by the Alumni Assoc.

Good luck.