• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

University Courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney

I graduated this year with an education degree majoring in physical education. I plan on going back to University in the fall. Are their any courses that you could suggest that I take to make API, Primary etc... easier, or improve my chances of being selected?

Thanks,
Courtney

dodgerdogtx

uuhhh, physics might be a good idea, i would think.

"Scars heal, glory fades
and all we're left with are the memories made,

Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it,
CUZ THE CHICKS DIG IT"

jaerose

Hey, I've got a Physics Degree! Yeah, having a good calculus (math in general) and physics base will help with understanding the dynamics of flight and the forces acting upon you and the plane.

JR

willfly4food

Hey Courtney,
I am basically in the same boat. I am a physical education major also trying to get a BDCP slot. Have you logged any flight hours? I found that that really helped me with the ASTB and am hoping it will help with primary (if I ever get there). I'm glad to see another P.E. major on here. We should have just as good a shot as anybody! I'd like to know what your GPA was and ASTB scores etc.

Courtney

Hi

Thanks for the response! Having looked at the “gouge” on this site, I figured Math and Physics for sure, but I wanted something a little more specific. General physics courses and calculus courses are good, but has anyone come across anything that made life and selection easier? Ie…(Atmospheric Science? Etc…)

Also, I’m applying to the Canadian Airforce, 3.1GPA, Major physical education, Minor Biology.

Thanks!!

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Canadian AF? Are you Canadian? I don't think the Navy allows officers that are not US citizens...
-A

Ummm...yeah

Meridiani

Dunedan, you're absolutely correct. You cannot become an officer unless you are an American citizen. If you have dual citizenship, you have to give it up.

Courtney

Guys!!

I'm applying to the Canadian Airforce, the procedure is basically the same except I don't do carrier quals! You have to be a US citizen to join the U.S Navy....no Canadian spies!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Has API changed in the past 10 years? I was a business major and I'm pretty much a rock. API wasn't really difficult at all. As I remember, the hard part was having it firehosed down your throat but the actual academics were very basic. All types make it through with different majors. If you made it through college, you shouldn't have any difficulty making through API.

Status
Not open for further replies.