• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Unique Mobilizations

pascol1

I have heard some reservists say that it is possible to get a deployment by using networking with other service members while deployed. Some people from my reserve unit say they were able to get onto some sweet mobilizations not listed in the gov.mil emails.
Has anyone ever seen this happen? Any advice on how to make it happen as well?

subreservist

I'm almost afraid to ask, but please define what a "sweet" mobilization would be?

Also, wouldn't these same "people" from your unit be the best to help with this advice?

pascol1

I am not exactly saying a mobilization where I can go party every day. I was referring to deployments that other branches can get a chance to deploy to.
I was simply told to just network with other people and just talk. That was the only advice given.

exNavyOffRec

I'm almost afraid to ask, but please define what a "sweet" mobilization would be?

Also, wouldn't these same "people" from your unit be the best to help with this advice?

An officer I know rec'd a 6 month mobilization that was around 1 hour from his house, that isn't bad :)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have heard some reservists say that it is possible to get a deployment by using networking with other service members while deployed. Some people from my reserve unit say they were able to get onto some sweet mobilizations not listed in the gov.mil emails.
Has anyone ever seen this happen? Any advice on how to make it happen as well?

You're in the IRR right now. Your biggest focus right now should be to get back into SELRES through a CTO recruiter. As the mods mentioned, stop creating threads for every light bulb that lights in your head.

RaginCajun

Yes, there are unlisted mobs. I got one.

Just don't be a tard and let it be known to the right people what you are looking for and if you show the right motivation, they'll help you out.