• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefalo

What uniforms are they replacing? I like the current ones right now. That camo looks too much like any other services uniform. Why would the Navy need camos besides like seals and seabees?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Beefalo said:
Why would the Navy need camos besides like seals and seabees?

You're quoting a lot of senior enlisted and officers who, I've heard, hate the proposed uniforms. The camo is supposed to hide paint stains and grease marks better than the old solid color coveralls. Personally I'm torn, but heck, I'll just keep wearing my bag . . .

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
Beefalo said:
What uniforms are they replacing? I like the current ones right now. That camo looks too much like any other services uniform. Why would the Navy need camos besides like seals and seabees?

because they're better than the freaking janitor... i mean prison... i mean dungarees. speaking from the enlisted side, i HATE the dungarees. i would love to see them discontinued. the coveralls are much better, but the color sucks. i think cammies on the ship is goofy though. i'm kinda torn.

i can see how chiefs and officers are pissed...

so what's the deal? the fatigues replace dungarees, coveralls, working whites/blues, as well as khaki? so basically we'd have the bdu's, dress uniforms and flightsuits?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I think the digital camo in the proposed grew/ble color scheme is the way to go.

The Navy needs a unifying, warrior ethic, professional and smart and easy to maintain not to mention very practical.

I never liked the fact that officers and enlisted had different uniforms - and yes the dungarees do a great disservice to the enlisted force. They are not representative of a warrior spirit and they look cheap. Side by side with the other services our troops look like janitors - no disrespect intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.