• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniforms! Holy Cow! These puppies are expensive! (Bonus: Tax writeoff gouge)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And it is. Like I said, better over some beers, but the climate is achagin'.

Damn! There is that beer offer again. I am guessing you offer because you know I am on the other side of the country.

dephyler

Contributor
So, I ended up wearing my Summer Whites and made an impression. I was surrounded by Army and Air NG folks, all in cammies, so I stood out, but in a good way. Thanks again for the opinions.

phrogpilot73

I think it's definitely cyclicle. There's a bunch of new bodies coming in now, which is good. 6-12 months ago...not so much. As for "half-speed," it may also just be a past command history. I know there's other squadrons that don't/can't afford to experience it (like VR, for example).
I smell what you're steppin' in.

It was mentioned to me at one point this year that I CHOSE to come into the reserves (and the guys coming in now that's the case), and others didn't have a choice, if you know what I mean...

USNGRL

I was looking on the NEX uniform shop site. Holy Cow! These puppies are expensive! I was also recommended to pick up the "Brooks Brothers" brand, vice the regular one. Again, lots of cash.

I guess I will use the "hurry up and wait time" to stay at work and clock some extra $$!!:eek:

X

xxxCharliexxx

What site do we go to so that we can see the uniforms? And how do we know which ones we will need to get?

Thanks!

dephyler

Contributor
To start off, you'll only need (2) sets of Service Khaki's. You will eventually need a set of Summer Whites, as well as a set of Dress Blues.

Here is the list of stuff you will need for DCOIC school:
http://www1.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otc/pdfs/ODS_LDO_CWO_DCO_UniformIssue.pdf

You won't need all of that stuff for DCO school, necessarily. You'll need khackis and SDBs/Summer Whites, but all of the miscellaneous stuff is dependent on the class. Since everybody MUST look the same, there's a chance you'll have more than you need, or that you'll have to buy a lot more. If I could do DCO School again, I would've bought LESS stuff before hand and then just bought what I was missing on day 1 or 2.

I got the Brooks Brothers shirt and tie, but for the jacket and pants I got the normal Nex brand. The shirt felt a lot nicer while wearing it, and the tie was better made I thought. The jacket was too expensive for me so I skipped it. I did get the nice shoes though :D

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
To start off, you'll only need (2) sets of Service Khaki's. You will eventually need a set of Summer Whites, as well as a set of Dress Blues.

Here is the list of stuff you will need for DCOIC school:
http://www1.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otc/pdfs/ODS_LDO_CWO_DCO_UniformIssue.pdf

I also highly recommend the Brooks Brothers brand for your dress blues.

That's what I bought (even though it wasn't all needed). The 2 khakis, 1 summer whites, and 1 SDBs (with brooks brothers stuff) cost me about $1,300. Also remember costs of tailoring the shirts/jacket (uniform shop will hem your pants for free).

k2fourever

Hmmm...really, I'm getting way ahead of myself, but I thought that Abbotts was the way to go if you wanted something beyond basic NEX stuff?