• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniform Reg

WEGL

I'm looking to put together a uniform guide for incoming freshmen, but I don't really want to have to reinvent the wheel if I can help it. If any of y'all happen to know where I can find a good midshipman uniform guide I'd appreciate it.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Sorry WEGL, had to do it because you are from auburn. ROLL TIDE! See ya next year in T-Town for the IRON BOWL.

WEGL

Hey thanks jai5w4. I appreciate it.
No worries flymarines. I wouldn't expect anything better from a bama fan. Yeah I hate having to go to that sh!thole, but I'm not going to miss us stomping y'all for the 5th time in a row. Maybe we'll get a full dozen sacks this time. ;) War Damn Eagle!

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
WEGL said:
No worries flymarines. I wouldn't expect anything better from a bama fan. Yeah I hate having to go to that sh!thole, but I'm not going to miss us stomping y'all for the 5th time in a row. Maybe we'll get a full dozen sacks this time. ;) War Damn Eagle!

As long as ya'll don't get ten dozen sacks this game, I think we got a good chance. Fifth time ain't happening. The TIDE had to change after beating ya'll for all those years, but don't worry the TIDE will change back again. Besides were getting our 13th National Championship and 22nd SEC Championship this year! Rammer Jammer! ;)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
FLYMARINES said:
As long as ya'll don't get ten dozen sacks this game, I think we got a good chance. Fifth time ain't happening. The TIDE had to change after beating ya'll for all those years, but don't worry the TIDE will change back again. Besides were getting our 13th National Championship and 22nd SEC Championship this year! Rammer Jammer! ;)

You go to 'bama? I have a friend there from NAPS. I think he won a couple games for you last year... He was a navy guy at one time.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
WEGL said:
I will quote one of my good buddies, from Iron Bowl 2002:

Auburn makes Sylacauga look like Vegas.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
xmid said:
You go to 'bama? I have a friend there from NAPS. I think he won a couple games for you last year... He was a navy guy at one time.

Bama to NAPS? Geeze that's gonna take a long time to get through college.

jtellez

Quick question, do we get to keep these uniforms and do we still have them for times we don't have school, like winter vacation and such?

Yes and yes.

Uniforms are issued at the beginning of your NROTC career and are yours for the duration. You are responsible for their maintenance and therefore have them at all times.

Our unit allowed us to KEEP the uniforms even after we commissioned. Not sure if that's a new thing or not, but we used to turn in all of our issued items upon graduation.

-jai5w4

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Quick question, do we get to keep these uniforms and do we still have them for times we don't have school, like winter vacation and such?

Yes, as long as you remain in the program you can keep your uniforms. You'll need them for summer cruise and commissioning/ beyond. I still have my coveralls hanging in my closet; they're a reminder of what might happen if I don't study hard enough. :icon_tong

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
The only bad thing about getting issued uniforms freshman year is that they dont let you trade when you "get bigger." Well, at least at my unit they wouldnt let us exchanged for bigger sizes. I had to buy brand new slacks and chokers for my commissioning. If I had kept my SDBs they issued me in nrotc, I'd look like Tommy Boy :D

MasterBates

Yep. And if you went OCS, you buy them, and the NEX ladies tailor them so small they will never fit you again. They supposedly leave material to be let out, but there was none left in any but my white pants (non-choker ones).

I have ended up buying all new stuff except SDBs (Abbots made them big on reqest) and Khakis (same deal).