• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniform Questions and a Poll!

Read the posted questions and vote for 1 in EACH category!

• CNT Vs Poly-Wool: CNT

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • CNT Vs Poly-Wool: POLY-WOOL

Votes: 84 78.5%
  • Leather Vs Waist Coat: LEATHER

Votes: 101 94.4%
  • Leather Vs Waist Coat: WAIST COAT

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Leather Vs Peacoat: LEATHER

Votes: 90 84.1%
  • Leather Vs Peacoat: PEACOAT

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Raincoat: YES

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Raincoat: NO

Votes: 80 74.8%
  • Khaki Combo Cover: YES

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Khaki Combo Cover: NO

Votes: 87 81.3%

• Total voters

torpedo0126

hey no, whatever you say. i went ahead and got my P/Ws from abbotts and I think they feel the same as CNTs. Never had a problem with wrinkles with them either.

P/Ws are authorized for shipboard wear too, right?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CNTs look like ass, will not take a crease, and cannot be worn on a ship. Oh, did I mention we are in the NAVAL service?? Why in the blue hell would you wear a uniform that melts to your skin in a fire?

This isn't 1976; it's bad enough that the chokers are polyester; "microfiber" my foot. If you dressed my corpse in CNTs, I'd climb out of my coffin, run to the locker room and change.

As for the rest, if you wear anything other than the leather, you are an aspiring shoe. If you wear the combo cover, you are an aspiring shoe. Raining? Get an umbrella. They're authorized. Really cold? Wear gloves. They're also authorized. I will say Pags's SDB idea isn't bad, either, though it'd have to be positively Arctic for me to do that.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
CNTs don't take a crease? I disagree. They hold their creases forever in between trips to the cleaners. As has been said earlier, they can be thrown on at the last minute and "look" better than P/Ws. I've seen plenty of studs at the training command that don't quite look sharp wearing P/Ws because they end up wearing them several times before they get cleaned/pressed. CNTs don't seem to have that problem as much.

Now, all that said, understand I'm not saying CNTs are the end all fashion statement, I'm just talking uniform maintenance here. Personally, I still have CNTs, but that's because I have worn my khakis exactly 1 time in the last 4 1/2 years, and that was when I checked in to my shore tour. Besides, who cares if they can melt? Why are you wearing them in a place where that even matters? Ship or plane, it's all about the bag, which you'd no doubt agree.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Why aren't some sweet SWOtivating NWUs an option on here?

Because no Aviator wants to be thought of as "swotivated". NWUs are a uniform that was designed by SWOs and people on permanent shore duty. Khakis may suck, but at least you can wear your leather jacket and brown shoes with them. NWUs are a working uniform, for doing dirty work. If you're working in a professional office, you should look like a professional (have you ever seen your banker/accountant/white collar guy wear dickies to work?) Plus, NWUs aren't currently authorized in the Capitol Region.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was really hoping someone, somebody would pick up on my sarcasm.

Be glad some of you don't have to wear the NWUs and the $550 you have to spend on them. I for one loved wearing wash khakis with the ball cap for the short time I could. It looked classy and gave the ship's khaki a true identity.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Are NWUs ever expected to become acceptable "office attire"? And where are the AWGs on this poll? I'd [try to] wear them before I upgraded to SDB+bridgecoat as the mercury falls.

And @ Rufio: Did they really make you get everything in the set? That raincoat, while expensive, actually looks like it might work pretty well.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
In my previous command, they are acceptable office attire. I'll leave it at that.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They're also acceptable for getting awards now as well. Sad.
B . . . b . . . but . . . they're CAMMIES! They're COOL! They're MOTO! We look like MARINES now! Or, well, blue ones, at least . . .

This is what you get when you make your uniform decisions by polling a bunch of 18-22-year-olds. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I don't think the NWU looks THAT bad, all told. But if we end up wearing it everywhere, like the Army does with cammies, we're going to deserve to be the butt of every joke they tell about the digi-smurf uniform.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Did the brass ever answer the question about how a guy in Cammie NWU's would be found if he fell overboard? I always wondered that one myself...