• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniform Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinsioux

Alright so I am looking to buy my uniforms-didn't get sized at OCS and have moved back to school in the middle of no where. ie. North Dakota. So in other words I cant just drive over to the Marine Shop to get sized. I am looking to get my uniforms about December for my college graduation. What kind of advice can you give me? Where is the best place? I want to wear my Blues, so should i get just my Blues or all of my serves alphas at the same time? Any opinions would be great.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
go to a local tailor and get all the measurements the PX prescribes for the uniform... order just the uniform you'll be commissioned in... it should fit ok. after you get up to TBS, you'll have plenty of time to get the rest.

btw- THE MARINE SHOP SUCKS

Taxman2A

War were declared.
You can go to the Marine Shop website and download their sizing form. Take the form to a real tailor (don't have your mom fill it out) and then fax or mail it to the Marine shop. This is the way I did it. Military measurements are kind of strange, and you want to bring along the page off the website that describes their measurements as well. This will make for an accurate enough uniform to wear to commissioning or weddings, whatever. When you get to TBS you will have numerous uniform fittings where they will make sure everything is exactly within the regulations. Thats how I did it.

Edit- I went to the Marine Shop and thought they did a good job

flyinsioux

Sqeeze-why do you think the Marine Shop sucks? Did they screw you over or is it the higher prices? Thanks for your help so far.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
flyinsioux said:
Sqeeze-why do you think the Marine Shop sucks? Did they screw you over or is it the higher prices? Thanks for your help so far.

let me count the ways

1) overpriced.. just compare their prices to the exchange. The uniforms are the same, so why the huge markup
2) horrendous customer service.... even walking in, don't expect much attention unless you're field-grade.
3) decietful business tactics ... flat out lied about required uniforms for Marine officers to our entire company.
4) biased marketing by TBS... the uniform briefs at TBS are very biased towards the Marine Shop, as they are given more time and are often made to look like the only option
5) slow tailoring... if you are a Lt at the 'Suck, don't expect any uniforms till the last minute when you absolutely have to have them for some official function... it was a painful ordeal trying to get my blues before I 'really needed them' (their words) -- nevermind the fact that I dropped them off a month before I even classed up at TBS

I bought my Blues from the Marine Shop b/c I didn't know any better. Once I got to TBS, I quickly saw how badly they sucked. Dealing with the exchange was FAR better. Better CS, more knowledgable staff, more trustworthy, and much better prices. The Marine Shop will never see another thin dime from me so long as I can help it.

/just my .02

SpeedyJ

SNA, Meridian
squeeze said:
let me count the ways

1) overpriced.. just compare their prices to the exchange. The uniforms are the same, so why the huge markup
2) horrendous customer service.... even walking in, don't expect much attention unless you're field-grade.
3) decietful business tactics ... flat out lied about required uniforms for Marine officers to our entire company.
4) biased marketing by TBS... the uniform briefs at TBS are very biased towards the Marine Shop, as they are given more time and are often made to look like the only option
5) slow tailoring... if you are a Lt at the 'Suck, don't expect any uniforms till the last minute when you absolutely have to have them for some official function... it was a painful ordeal trying to get my blues before I 'really needed them' (their words) -- nevermind the fact that I dropped them off a month before I even classed up at TBS

I bought my Blues from the Marine Shop b/c I didn't know any better. Once I got to TBS, I quickly saw how badly they sucked. Dealing with the exchange was FAR better. Better CS, more knowledgable staff, more trustworthy, and much better prices. The Marine Shop will never see another thin dime from me so long as I can help it.

/just my .02

I second that Squeeze! I don't trust that guy that owns the Marine Shop, I think he is dishonest and greedy. Has a hot daughter though!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
SpeedyJ said:
I second that Squeeze! I don't trust that guy that owns the Marine Shop, I think he is dishonest and greedy. Has a hot daughter though!

some of the nicest jailbait in Q-town
:icon_smil

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
don't you need your Alpha's to report To TBS? If you want to get commissioned in your Blue/Whites and have to report in Alpha's should u get both?

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Here's my .02. The PX may be cheaper and be and a Marine Corps operation, but...1) unless they size you in the store it seems as though those who used the PX had to constantly be refit. 2) My roommate had to go back 3 different times to exchange a white dress cover that was stained when he got it, because they didn't have the size in stock. 3) Of course the guy at the Marine shop seems like a salesman...cuz he is...He has to sell customer service because his operation isn't subsidized by the Marine Corps and a lot less Marines use them because they are a bit pricier. If you think his customer service sucks then ok...fine. However, I would totally disagree myself. I've never have had any problems with my uniforms or the customer service.

Rainman

pilot
stock is stock. .what ya gonna do. i had the same problem exchanging a sword @ Marine Shop. promised dates pass. . finally shipped it to me in Florida six months later.

I've used both . . no real problems either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.