• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Unbelievable!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Thats just their last ditch effort to not have their licenses revoked. That does take some nerve to try to pawn that off on someone else though.

brownshoe

Contributor
I was listening to “All Things Considered” this evening and they also had a story on this incident. Seems as though now the co-pilot has thrown the pilot 'under the bus'. He claims he shouldn't get the same punishment as the pilot... he wasn't the captain.

Steve

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Not only did these two violate policy and in my opinion endanger the safety of the crew and passengers aboard... now they want to blame ATC for their f**k up?! God I'd love to smack the shit out of both of them. :icon_rage:icon_rage

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/12/07/wayward.pilots/index.html
Slow down, Turbo...you are about to fall off your high horse. They were stupid and irresponsible, but they didn't endanger anything. They are just trying anything and everything to get their licenses back (probably on the behest of their lawyers).

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Slow down, Turbo...you are about to fall off your high horse. They were stupid and irresponsible, but they didn't endanger anything. They are just trying anything and everything to get their licenses back (probably on the behest of their lawyers).

C'mon now... you honestly don't believe they endangered any one? Granted I've only got limited time in the cockpit and many years ago, but I do remember a good visual scan was pretty important. Some would argue that ATC could warn them, however considering they were out of communication for how long? Plus anyone that's gone through physiology knows that long enough in any attitude, you feel straight and level, even 15+ bank & nose low. Only way you are going to pick that up is instrument scan, and if these two ass hats were so involved with their laptops that they didn't notice ATC trying to call them, and the fact it took a flight attendant asking when they were going to land, I think it's safe to say they dropped that out of their scan as well.

Now maybe there is a secret that you don't get let in on until getting your pilot's license, but to my uneducated ass, no outside visual scan+no instrument scan+no radio traffic scan+absolutely 0 SA= endangered pax. But I could be wrong.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
These guys ARE guilty of derelection of duty and they SHOULD lose their licenses and jobs ....

Is their dereliction 'worthy' of a death sentence .... ???

I think not.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
C'mon now... you honestly don't believe they endangered any one? Granted I've only got limited time in the cockpit and many years ago, but I do remember a good visual scan was pretty important. Some would argue that ATC could warn them, however considering they were out of communication for how long? Plus anyone that's gone through physiology knows that long enough in any attitude, you feel straight and level, even 15+ bank & nose low. Only way you are going to pick that up is instrument scan, and if these two ass hats were so involved with their laptops that they didn't notice ATC trying to call them, and the fact it took a flight attendant asking when they were going to land, I think it's safe to say they dropped that out of their scan as well.

Now maybe there is a secret that you don't get let in on until getting your pilot's license, but to my uneducated ass, no outside visual scan+no instrument scan+no radio traffic scan+absolutely 0 SA= endangered pax. But I could be wrong.

So much hatred in this one.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
...words...

Well, they were on an IFR flight plan and I'm sure the aircraft was on autopilot (up in RVSM?). ATC probably treated the aircraft as a NORDO or something along those lines. In imminent danger? Debatable. Stupid as hell, irresponsible, and punishment worthy? You bet. A4's and HAL would know way more about this than my uneducated self.

I believe in stupid mistakes and second chances, but I don't think that they should get their licenses back right away. I think they need to spend some time in time out first...

Regardless of whose fault it was, I wonder why they're fighting so vehemently to get their licenses back. They've got to know that no airline is ever going to hire them again, regardless of whether or not they regain their licenses. Is there more to it?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Regardless of whose fault it was, I wonder why they're fighting so vehemently to get their licenses back. They've got to know that no airline is ever going to hire them again, regardless of whether or not they regain their licenses. Is there more to it?

Was it only the ATP that was pulled, or are they completely ticketless?

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
You know the first entity to give them the keys to anything w/ wings is going to have its very own CNN/FOX/NPR moment of infamy.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I concur it was dangerous. Anytime you are flying and not paying attention, then bad things can happen.

In the end run, they've been fired. Fortunately no one was killed/injured.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
All should post something on phuckups thread prior to judgement here...

Donno how much time I actually was paying attention when flying IFR in the enroute phase in a big wing.... gets frigging boring.

Anyone ever gotten way close to destination still at cruise FL? Ever missed a radio switch?? Swiss cheeze model at work folks... stars aligned for their tickets' doom, but hell....

I say we hang em, we shoot em..... then we killem.