• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UMFO Update?

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
I've searched the forum (yes, i used the search function!) up and down looking for any new (more recent than February of this year) information on the UMFO switchover and wondering if everyone is doing it now rather than some going to San Antonio...

To that end, the information on NFO primary and beyond is a little sketchy for maritime guys. There was a thread somewhere that had a good bit of gouge, but I'm sure with the program switch its probably a little out of date...

First post, by the way. Good to be here!

magnetfreezer

The primary syllabus has changed now with contacts and all of instruments during primary (what used to be primary INAV, a checkride, what used to be intermediate INAV and another checkride) and VNAV/FORM/T1 for intermediate. At P-grad Navy selects P-3 E-6 or Tailhook, all the P-3 types go to Jax and the E-6 to Tinker I believe.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know all the P-3/EP-3 types wing about 6 weeks after getting to Jax, but what after that? How much of the syllabus then is the same for both types, and when do they split and the curricula differ? When they do split, how long does it take to get to your squadron?

Aircrew Instruc

None
Commodore Mid you have old gouge you will NOT wing 6 weeks after getting to Jax. P-3 types will now be winged at the end of training at VP-30. There are NO more Randolph NFO's left so the syllabus is the same all P-3 NFO's for the EP guys I am not sure where they will now split off.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Well, that's one question answered, thanks for the info. Now for the next one!

IOC for the P-8s is supposed to be 2013, which means it will probably be closer to 2047. When do they usually start training people in the new platform and equipment?

JBM

Gainfully Employeed
None
I got to VP-30 as an UMFO and started April first. I winged May 31st. The next Monday I classed up for the CAT 1 syllabus and finished early November.

Unless it changed VERY recently. All the new P-3 selects are going to JAX and the UMFO syllabus. It is a 2 month course and they wing BEFORE they start the CAT-1 syllabus.

Bster

None
Product at VP30

How are the Fo's performing at VP-30? Was it because of poor performance you guys decided to wing them once they finished the FRS or was it something else?