• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UMFO Program

navybackseater

None
I've noticed some questions about the Jax/Randolf NFO training switch, hope this helps.

Undergraduate Maritime Flight Officer is the new NFO program that is being tested. NFO's will complete the first set of Intermediate Instruments flights at VT-10/4 then proceed directly to Jacksonville and VP-30. You join an UMFO class (classes are small right now) for 7 weeks - at the end of the 7 weeks is your winging, then you spend an additional 23 weeks as a Category I NFO.

I think the program rocks - UMFOs don't have too huge a disadvantage; you have less actual plane & systems experience, but the UMFO classes are designed to bring you up to speed, and a couple times monkeying around with the controls brings you up to speed. It's a quicker route towards the fleet which is great. It still feels like a baby program, but worth it. If you are an NFO and are trying to decide: GO TO JACKSONVILLE.

I'm still new; anybody have some wiser words to add?

:icon_smil

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
backseater,

Talk to FezzCB... he just recently completed the FRS/UMFO thing. They've been sending a few kids direct t VP-30 from VT-4/10 for a while now... kinda off and on. I think its a good deal, glad to see its gonna be permanent.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Just carrying around and trying to figure out that NATOPS will make one a gladiator! yeesh.

:icon_smil

Yea, the UMFO program was a blast. What week are you in? Tons of stuff to learn just to be the Nav/Comm. But you'll soon learn how important it'll come later as you begin upgrading to TACCO. You'll be expected to be NAV qual'd within 3 months after checking into your fleet squadron. After that, everyone is fighting to upgrade to TACCO. You'll learn about how all that snazz works.

The RAG really does fly by. I have 4 flights left and I'll be heading off to Whidbey. I have tons of gouge for the UMFO syllabus as well as the CAT I NFO syllabus if youre interested. Just send me a PM. And if you have any other questions feel free to PM me. The CAT I program is pretty fast paced and from what I've been told from friends at different squadrons, the fleet is hurting pretty bad for NAVs. But you'll be fine. Good luck!

navybackseater

None
I have tons of gouge for the UMFO syllabus as well as the CAT I NFO syllabus if youre interested.

mmmmmm - gouge.

and xmid, who needs boxed lunches? I'm bringing a George Forman and some hot dogs......I guess i'll leave the beer at home if I HAVE to. :D

NUFO06

None
To understand Box Lunches...see Prop Gun

The UMFO thing seems like such a better deal then San Ant, do we volunteer for it? Or should we let it be known that is an option I like to persue?

navybackseater

None

The UMFO thing seems like such a better deal then San Ant, do we volunteer for it? Or should we let it be known that is an option I like to persue?

I assume you are still in Primary? When selection comes make sure you tell the Maj you want P3s in JAX

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None

no volunteers. volun-TOLD. usually at P-grad.