• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ultimate Fitness Thread

I have not yet been to OCS, but I have heard that if the weather is bad you run it indoors in a gym. I think doing that would cause you to run slower than usual. Tighter turns tire your legs out faster.
It's true that you run indoors if the weather is bad. Depending on the time of year, it may be a good or bad thing. I was there in the winter time, and being inside meant not freezing my ass off during a PRT ;) nothing worse than doing all that in sweats, hat, and gloves.

AULANI

All you 20-year olds are in the prime of your life. You should be killing it in the physical fitness department.

It's true that you run indoors if the weather is bad. Depending on the time of year, it may be a good or bad thing. I was there in the winter time, and being inside meant not freezing my ass off during a PRT ;) nothing worse than doing all that in sweats, hat, and gloves.
Oh yeah I’m from Texas so I would definitely rather be indoors than freezing haha. It’s probably still tougher to break 8:30 in the gym though.

Oh yeah I’m from Texas so I would definitely rather be indoors than freezing haha. It’s probably still tougher to break 8:30 in the gym though.
Yeah, kinda. I think we had a few in our class get sub-9, but it's tough because the track is 2 narrow lanes and you gotta run 20 laps, so it gets crowded.

Seniuram

I was always picked last for stuff in gym, so I’ve had to play catch up lol.
Well, indoors your pushups and sit-ups don’t change. Really the only change is what you wear and it’s actually easier to cheat your form if you have a big baggy sweater on. The run however, outdoors I was pushin 9:00-9:15 but indoors I hit 10:30. I don’t think having wet shoes/socks helped much either from the walk over.

Good morning all. Checking in to see if any recent graduates are willing to show what running shoes were issued to them. For the life of me, I am unable to verify which version of the New Balances they are from the OTCN Newport Facebook pages (may be due to small screen and low resolution). I have been using/training in the 860 V9s as my assumed issued shoe for awhile now (which is classified as a stability shoe). I normally run in a neutral cushioned shoe for most of my training (currently using the Nike Peg 35 Turbos). Specifically, for neutral runners, are the 1080s or 880s issued? Thank you all for your continued help in my preparation.

Good morning all. Checking in to see if any recent graduates are willing to show what running shoes were issued to them. For the life of me, I am unable to verify which version of the New Balances they are from the OTCN Newport Facebook pages (may be due to small screen and low resolution). I have been using/training in the 860 V9s as my assumed issued shoe for awhile now (which is classified as a stability shoe). I normally run in a neutral cushioned shoe for most of my training (currently using the Nike Peg 35 Turbos). Specifically, for neutral runners, are the 1080s or 880s issued? Thank you all for your continued help in my preparation.
I was issued these 1 year ago (to this date) at OCS. There were maybe 2 or 3 different kinds they give based on your foot profile.

Attachments

Seniuram

Good morning,
Thank you for your help! That confirms that the 860s are one of the issued shoes.
Fair warning, they put you on a machine that’s not accurate ran by people who don’t actually know how to use it so you get what you get. They measure your feet with confidence though, lots of confidence.

Fair warning, they put you on a machine that’s not accurate ran by people who don’t actually know how to use it so you get what you get. They measure your feet with confidence though, lots of confidence.
Thank you for the advice. Looking forward to it. Figure if I train with the heavier or more restrictive one, I should be good to go either way.