• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ufo sightings

plc67

pilot
I do the vast majority of my flying at night and have never seen anything unusual. Nor have I heard any of our pilots say they have, but even if they had I'm sure they might be reluctant to say so.

pdx

HSM Pilot
I dodged a plane that turned out to be a boat in Mobile bay on a Night Fam. I was at 1500' and he was at 0' MSL, so it turns out I had plenty of clearance. My conclusion is that water is darker than land. (Profound isn't it).

Also, what is so special about seein a UFO? UFO is not synonymous with insane alien spacecraft. It's just something that you can't identify.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Apparently the USAF project Blue Book was stood up as a partial cover for early U-2 flights. The early U-2's were bare metal so they reflected from quite a ways off flights at 60K plus which was waaay above anyone else in that day and age. 85% the UFO reports in that era can be attributed to early U-2 flight tracks.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Apparently the USAF project Blue Book was stood up as a partial cover for early U-2 flights. The early U-2's were bare metal so they reflected from quite a ways off flights at 60K plus which was waaay above anyone else in that day and age. 85% the UFO reports in that era can be attributed to early U-2 flight tracks.

Interesting... Project Blue Book, started in 1947. The U-2's first flight was in 1957. Of 12,618 sightings reported to Project Blue Book, only 7% or 701 cases remained "unidentified."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Book