• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UAL + US Air = ???

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
As a group, USAir / East pilots ARE the "whinny bitches" who agreed to binding arbitration and then reneged and formed the joke that is USAPA. Their company was days from going out of business and they are lucky AWA came in and saved them. They were defeated in court because the Judge, jury and law all agreed they didn't have a leg to stand on. It is the East pilots who are the unethical ones, not the West pilots.

Until they reneged on the agreed to binding arbitration and formed USAPA, their situation (pay cuts, furloughs, lost retirement, etc.) received sympathy from everyone and everyone hoped the merger with AWA would give them their "warm spot w/ some palm trees, white sand, and trade winds". Since then they are despised by all, have become the laughing stock of the airline community and receive no respect or sympathy.

"The two year west coast studs" had a job with excellent career expectations. The East pilots had the expectation of their company going out of business and no job. Sorry life sucks but that is how it was. Everyone recognizes that but those who are lucky to still have a job.

I know you are just supporting your Dad but you need to realize my posts reflect the feelings of the vast majority of airline pilots.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I imagine my dad is too close to retirement to even care about all the he said she said, just puts on the cap and does his job. If thats how the other airline pilots feel, well thats how it is.