• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UAL DAL merger

snake020

Contributor
I hate Delta. Stranded in JFK going to VCE. Stranded in Pisa going to JFK. Stranded again in JFK trying to go to ANC. What a bunch of assclowns they have in customer service.

Nose

pilot
I stand corrected. If he left NWA for better money, then why did he come back to the airline industry?

For even more money and the opportunity to be the CEO of the worlds largest airline when consolidation begins.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
As far as current airline CEO's go (Anderson) is about the only one worth a she-ite. (He came back )For even more money and the opportunity to be the CEO of the worlds largest airline when consolidation begins.
Baloney. He came back for his ego. He's already got more money than anyone can spend in a lifetime -- it's ALL about ego with these guys.

He bailed on NWA as CEO when the tough times arrived; getting a pay bump to the health care sector helped assuage his ruffled feathers and ego. Prior to that he was a lawyer-shill for Francisco A. Lorenzo during part of that individual's disgraceful tenure @ Continental. Anderson moved to NWA when many of Lorenzo's "hit-team", i.e., Mickey Foret, Ben Hirst et'al, migrated from Houston to the corporate offices in Minneapolis-St. Paul as Lorenzo was forced out of his controlling interest in Continental. And .... ultimately forced out of the airline business ....

Anderson attempted to "play nice" with the unions then promptly backed off when revenues went south after the record profits of the late '90's and, of course, after 9/11 he decided the airline game was "too hard". During his tenure at NWA, Anderson pretended to have an "open door" policy and wanted people to call him "Richard".

The NWA pilots called him "Dick"....

No matter what the window dressing, with Dick Anderson at the helm, the agenda is always about "Dick" ....

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Baloney. He came back for his ego.
You beat me to it. I don't know what it is about the airline business, but more of the CEOs seem to be driven by ego then any other business sector CEO. The fact is most, of these guys can make more money in other business with fewer headaches from labor and the government, yet there is no shortage of guys wanting to run airlines. Historically, it is a crappy business. If they are there primarily for ego, nothing good will come of their tenure.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Baloney. He came back for his ego. He's already got more money than anyone can spend in a lifetime -- it's ALL about ego with these guys.

He bailed on NWA as CEO when the tough times arrived; getting a pay bump to the health care sector helped assuage his ruffled feathers and ego. Prior to that he was a lawyer-shill for Francisco A. Lorenzo during part of that individual's disgraceful tenure @ Continental. Anderson moved to NWA when many of Lorenzo's "hit-team", i.e., Mickey Foret, Ben Hirst et'al, migrated from Houston to the corporate offices in Minneapolis-St. Paul as Lorenzo was forced out of his controlling interest in Continental. And .... ultimately forced out of the airline business ....

Anderson attempted to "play nice" with the unions then promptly backed off when revenues went south after the record profits of the late '90's and, of course, after 9/11 he decided the airline game was "too hard". During his tenure at NWA, Anderson pretended to have an "open door" policy and wanted people to call him "Richard".

The NWA pilots called him "Dick"....

No matter what the window dressing, with Dick Anderson at the helm, the agenda is always about "Dick" ....

Thank you for confirming my suspicions that something wasn't quite right about "Dick" Anderson.