• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U2 Headed For Retirement

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Opening act is "Point With Your Elbow".
Sort of a Zamfir tribute band.
Who doesn't love Zamfir??
Uggggghhhh, we have a chief pilot at work who has been out of the USAF forever, but still does the elbow pointing shit. Good dude, but some of the “isms” drive me nuts.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Uggggghhhh, we have a chief pilot at work who has been out of the USAF forever, but still does the elbow pointing shit. Good dude, but some of the “isms” drive me nuts.
It amused me how the NAWDC staffers were so keen on always referring to certain bandits in a tape debrief as "an F-16 Fighting Falcon."

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
It amused me how the NAWDC staffers were so keen on always referring to certain bandits in a tape debrief as "an F-16 Fighting Falcon."

I mean, to be fair, it is the technical name of the airplane. Just like a "Mk-58 Hawker Hunter"

I do wish I had used the line "Cobra 3/4 are Su-27 Flanker, simulated by the Lord's Chariot" (that's the F/A-18A-D to you ninny muggins out there)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can see a scenario where a couple of OGA's would open their wallets to fund the U-2 if the DoD wants to stop paying the bill.

Once they actually see the bill, I doubt it.

I also don't really see the DoD cutting the Dragon Lady. She's a busy bitch, and that 1950s capacity payload holds a lot of really cool modern stuff that no one else really does.

Given the massive amount of hardware actually going into orbit the next few years I think it is a distinct possibility this time. That is barring any Congressional intervention, which is certainly a very real prospect (A-10!).