• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U-2 Retirement

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
On PDX layover currently…

Speaking of PDX layovers, have you ever attempted to get 7-Eleven heat lamp wings on a PDX layover? I have and I got shot down…BIG TIME. I hope you have better luck than I did.

HuggyU2

None
Nose art is often done on the U-2. Because it cannot be painted, the crew chiefs have done some incredible work over the years using chalk. I've seen dozens of pieces of art done on the nose. Some really funny, some very poignant. Here's one that was done as a tribute to the 3 Army people that were killed in Jordan.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I feel like this must be a euphemism that i need to know about
There’s no euphemism…7-Eleven heat lamp wings are awesome [provided they haven’t been under the heat lamp for a week]…but this 7-Eleven not only didn’t have any heat lamp wings that were already made, they also refused to make any heat lamp wings. They had the un-cooked wings in the store [I asked]…but I was probably being a dick about it and that’s probably why they refused to make them. Maybe if I wasn’t a dick things would have turned out differently. Don’t be a dick on PDX layovers.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
There’s no euphemism…7-Eleven heat lamp wings are awesome [provided they haven’t been under the heat lamp for a week]…but this 7-Eleven not only didn’t have any heat lamp wings that were already made, they also refused to make any heat lamp wings. They had the un-cooked wings in the store [I asked]…but I was probably being a dick about it and that’s probably why they refused to make them. Maybe if I wasn’t a dick things would have turned out differently. Don’t be a dick on PDX layovers.

haha oh gotcha. Yeah, you can't be a dick in PDX :)

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I know a guy at the PDX 7-11. He says there's always this dude wearing a very large (but well appointed) wristwatch, raging around the aisles like a bull in a china shop. They say he always demands to know who the "officer in charge of the heat lamp" is.

It's probably not you...just telling you what the scuttlebutt is. 😄

Edit: I spoke with the OIC of the Slushee machines, and she said the heat lamp billet has been gapped for awhile. 7-11 manpower HQ claims they're "on it".

Last edited:

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
I know a guy at the PDX 7-11. He says there's always this dude wearing a very large (but well appointed) wristwatch, raging around the aisles like a bull in a china shop. They say he always demands to know who the "officer in charge of the heat lamp" is.

Edit: I spoke with the OIC of the Slushee machines, and she said the heat lamp billet has been gapped for awhile. 7-11 manpower HQ claims they're "on it".
Ohh, That guy!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

Don’t forget how the heat lamp is flickering and the bulb is crazed- it could go out at any time. But 7-11 swears they’re prioritizing getting a replacement, probably in FY28.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Nose art is often done on the U-2. Because it cannot be painted, the crew chiefs have done some incredible work over the years using chalk. I've seen dozens of pieces of art done on the nose. Some really funny, some very poignant. Here's one that was done as a tribute to the 3 Army people that were killed in Jordan.
A) That's cool as hell and I'm jumping to the conclusion that the whole thing is painted in blackboard paint, and therefore my daughter's classroom is equally as stealthy.

B) That is the worst formatting on a website when it comes to finding the actual photos in full size, let alone scrolling through the album.