• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U-2 Retirement

taxi1

pilot
Back then, engineering was about innovation, rather than bureaucratic jobs programs.

Yeah, screw those safety guys!

falling-off-step-ladder-gif.143639

HuggyU2

None
This has nothing to do with the U-2 retirement...

But since it involves the U-2 and a Navy guy, I'm posting it here to avoid another thread.

Gary "Elvis" Costello is a Navy P-3 pilot who came to the U-2. Now at American. In the dark shirt.

Keith "Mountain" Broecker is a former U-2 pilot now at UAL. In the green shirt.

Both are hilarious entertainers and great Americans. Enjoy.

robav8r

None
Contributor

But since it involves the U-2 and a Navy guy, I'm posting it here to avoid another thread.

Gary "Elvis" Costello is a Navy P-3 pilot who came to the U-2. Now at American. In the dark shirt.

Gary was in my P-3 squadron many moons ago. I actually sat next to him at a Teds Bulletin in Denver while on a job and while he was on a layover. It took a cocktail or two for both of us to finally realize, "hey, aren't you . . . . . " It was a fun night . . .

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25

Fallonflyr

pilot

Amazing how much better a voice not ravaged by drug abuse is. Nice job!

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Amazing how much better a voice not ravaged by drug abuse is. Nice job!
Layne catching strays here on AW...

Those dudes are pretty talented though.

I've come to realize that if I couldn't quite make out the meaning of songs from that era, the song was probably about heroin addiction. 😆