• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

typical marine deployments

Status
Not open for further replies.

TANGO 1

Contributor
Jarhead,
I am a PC with 321, but i am doing a lot move because 321 is getting decommisioned. I was with 122 this summer in Denmark and they had A+'s. I think they are getting ready to go on a westpac.
Are you an 18 pilot?

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
TANGO 1 said:
Jarhead,
I am a PC with 321, but i am doing a lot move because 321 is getting decommisioned. I was with 122 this summer in Denmark and they had A+'s. I think they are getting ready to go on a westpac.
Are you an 18 pilot?

yes to the last question, and 122 flies Lot 13 F/A-18C's ...

Dsc01916.jpg

TANGO 1

Contributor
jarhead,
were you in Denmark? we had a blast overthere i remember the flag. If you are with 122 then i must have seen you at the Cafetaria. That is awesome. Sorry you guys could not fly for so long. Our pilots had fun, atleast that is what they told me. Sorry about the exchange pilot you guys lost. I heard it was a blowout on landing. Nice talking to you.
I have a question about the fleet asscension program, i know you would probably konw about it. How competitve is it and what are they really looking for, i heard you guys have a pilot at 122 who came in through this program. How reliable is it. I like to know some info on this.
Thanks

frogman

deciding...

So just to clarify, everything I'm seeing on this board indicates that the aviation side of the Marine Corps means longer deployments/time away from family. I'm one of those who is at the point where I need to decide if I'm going for air or not. Anyone want to take a stab at giving me their perspective on the difference in time away from family between Air and Ground? Is there a significant difference?

TANGO 1

Contributor
I will be honest with you. It might mean that. It all depends on the airframe, but generally you will be away from home between 6 to 8 months of the year. I really don't think there is any Marine Corp wing that does not have guys out at some point in time especially now that there is the ongoing war. I have a buddy with a helo squadron in Afghanistan already on his 7th month and they are looking at 9. Well that is what they told them. Who knows when they are coming back.
I hope that was of any help.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
TANGO 1 said:
I really don't think there is any Marine Corp wing .....blah blah blah

We all make spelling mistakes, so that's why I overlooked your first couple of "Corp", but you seem to misunderstand the spelling of CORPS. Look at one of your promotion warrants for the correct spelling....

Unsat

TANGO 1

Contributor
Sir,
with all due respect, i don't seem to understand the point your are trying to drive home. I will ask that you shed more light.

plmtree

The point he is trying to make is that if you are serving in our beloved Corps, then the least you could do is spell it right. You've been in for a few years now, right? Then you should know how to spell Corps. Leave the incorrect spelling for somebody who doesn't know any better, like a civilian.
Some of us are simply picky like that.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
You have got to be kidding! It's a freakin forum on the internet not an essay contest! You know what he meant, it's not like he was trying to insult anyone.

Some of us are simply picky like that.

Get over it and get back on topic.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
bluto said:
Jarhead
Are you in 122? Nice pick of the hornet.
bluuuttttoooooooo,

i got it off the K Drive ... you have fun playing w/ those reservists out there in SoCal

i'll keep who i am on the d/l

s/f

Status
Not open for further replies.