• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Typical Day at OCS

srqwho

pilot
For those of you who've made it through--what does a typical day at OCS look like?

Really depends on what phase of training you're in. It can go from not terrible, to real bad. I recall a morning when somebody's alarm clock didn't wake them up and they stumbled out into the p-way partially dressed and halfway asleep as the DI was walking through. That same morning I remember doing push-ups in the male head naked, tea-bagging the tile floor. Needless to say the word "typical" doesn't apply to a lot of days.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
0530 Wake up, PT, After PT beatdown, Beakfast, Class, Lunch, Class, pre-dinner beatdown, dinner, drill, study/RLP Prep, pre-bed beatdown, cleaners, taps, study, sleep at 1200, 0430 wake up to shave/shit, 0530, fall in for PT again...wash rinse repeat until week 11.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
On a bit of a serious note, it's dependent on what phase of training you're in. I'd type out a typical day, but honestly, it doesn't matter. You'll go where you're told, when you're told, and do whatever you need to. Knowing a typical day means exactly jack. Your class team can make a typical day turn into a very bad day pretty instantaneously.

warface

Banned
Good point.
Can you guys give an example of a good day and an example of a bad day from your own experiences?

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
The bad day (typical day) is what Picklesuit described. Thats pretty much the routine until about week 9. Once you hit candi-o phase, it all depends on the job you get. During candi-o phase my day was like this....Get up, go eat breakfast, come back to the house, take a 2 or 3 hour nap, go eat lunch, come back and take a 2 or 3 hour nap, actually work for 1 hour during sweepers, and then eat dinner, and maybe go out in town for a while. The candi-o phase was great for me.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
When I was indoc adjutant I got less sleep as a Candio then I did as a candidate. I was asleep by 230-3 am and was up by 4 to wake the indocs up. Also I became a MS Excel maestro. I had to have all the information of the indoc class prepared to the exact specifications of their class team and the info had to be on their desk every morning before they arrived. It was a bitch.

srqwho

pilot
The bad day (typical day) is what Picklesuit described. Thats pretty much the routine until about week 9. Once you hit candi-o phase, it all depends on the job you get. During candi-o phase my day was like this....Get up, go eat breakfast, come back to the house, take a 2 or 3 hour nap, go eat lunch, come back and take a 2 or 3 hour nap, actually work for 1 hour during sweepers, and then eat dinner, and maybe go out in town for a while. The candi-o phase was great for me.

That's pretty much it. My candio phase was pretty easy-going too. You just learn how to keep your regimental commander, bat commander, DI, and CPO all happy. The best advice I can give during the indoc phase is to put-out and keep a straight face. And during all the other phases just don't give anybody any reason whatsoever the need to speak with you... good or bad. If the DI knows you well it either means you are extremely busy and he/she "likes" you, or you are nasty and neither is a good place to be.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
The first thing to realize is that it's a big mind-fuck. You'll get there and feel like you can't do anything right: The DI gets pissed and you're eating all your meals standing up, during PT, all the classes will be stretching, yours gets yelled at, and then you're doing pushups. This part sucks...then after you're there for 4 to 5 weeks, you see the same shit happening to the class that checked onboard. That crap is unavoidable...just deal with it. :)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Suck, chow, more suck, more chow, more suck, last chow, some leftover suck, rack time.

Wash, rinse, repeat.