• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Two More Weeks

Surf

pilot
Even if the board is held at a later date, it probably won't make too much of a difference. I doubt many (if any) applicants would hear back within those first couple days... but then again I'd really love to be wrong about that.

Exactly, It would be great to hear back that week but I'm going in with the mindset that it will not happen until the next week or even longer. Part of the strategy I've developed to keep my sanity.:D

RiseR 25

Thank you for the feedback! It sounds like you have good reason for speculation, but I really am curious to hear more concrete confirmation on the subject by someone who has heard the same thing. If it is actually true, then I can't be the only one who has heard about this. I would really like to know if the reasons for it happening have to do with what you are saying, riseR.

You are correct, I am more or less speculating as a result of knowing about the varying commissioning sources. I do know with the last word from my NORS that I am not the only one experiencing delays with MEPS. There are a plenty of other candidates at my NORS waiting for MEPS physicals as well. But as far as a new law is concerned, I have not heard of that. I would be interested as well if it does apply to OCS candidates.

Tiffany Murphy

Action is the foundational key to all success.
I have not heard about that either but I did MEPS 2 months ago. From my understanding of what my OR told me is the July 15th date is tentative and the board could convene on that day or another day throughout that week. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later because I'm going crazy waiting!

RiseR 25

Update, MEPS physical screening is approved. Should be going there next week, NORS is getting the date scheduled now. Thanks all for your encouragement. Hopefully the process for other candidates gets more streamlined. My wait took just about 2 months.

elliottm2

Does anyone know if it is abnormal to submit your app package to the selection board without having actually gone to a MEPS facility? My OR just had me fill out an a piece of paper in that regard... I feel like I missed a step.

JULIET_SIERRA

FINSEL: 07-14 OCS (SNA)
Does anyone know if it is abnormal to submit your app package to the selection board without having actually gone to a MEPS facility? My OR just had me fill out an a piece of paper in that regard... I feel like I missed a step.
My OR required me to complete MEPS prior to submitting my package; however, other applicants on AW submitted their package without having completed MEPS. I guess it depends on your OR's preferences but it should not affect the submission of your package to the board. As for the form your OR had you fill out, I would suggest asking those that submitted their package without MEPS to see if they also were required to fill out some kind of form instead.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None

My app was submitted the same day I went to meps even though I hadn't been PQ'd at the time.

dschorr

OCS 20JUL2014

Whether or not you go to MEPS before submission of your package is up to either NRD. I worked out of St. Louis and they require candidates are PQ before going to MEPS. Each OR and NRD can decide if MEPS is needed for submission. You didn't "miss" a step, but you will need to go to MEPS eventually.

eddieoctane

Whether or not you go to MEPS before submission of your package is up to either NRD. I worked out of St. Louis and they require candidates are PQ before going to MEPS. Each OR and NRD can decide if MEPS is needed for submission. You didn't "miss" a step, but you will need to go to MEPS eventually.

If you don't have to go to MEPS before submitting your packet, is there a rough timeframe after you hear from the board for when you actually need to go to MEPS? My OR said everything was in order back in the beginning of June, so I don't think MEPS is an issue yet (NRD Philadelphia, if it matters). I'm just wondering when I might need to go, since I won't likely hear if I was selected or not for at least another week, and my OR said it was possible that I could have a report date as early as August 3 (although I think he said that mainly for my dad's benefit). But if that's true, I'd have very little time, so I'm tryign to get a feel for things.

Kyler Boeck

Pro-rec SWO waiting for FS
From what I understand, in order to get your final select letter and orders to OCS you have to have to be PQ'd and also have your security clearance investigation opened. I think you get maybe 2-3 months to have MEPS completed after being selected. Don't quote me on that one. Most likely you wouldn't go to OCS August 3.