• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Two 6 weeks PLC vs OCC for air contract...

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Ok, so were you NROTC or something? Because I was under the impression that we wouldn't be getting fitted for and wouldn't be getting any other uniform at seniors. Also, I understand that they don't let you go to IFS before TBS anymore on account of they may be getting rid of IFS...or did they already do that? I'm confused. :confused:

Its been a few years since I have been there, but when I went through seniors, we had classes with the uniform vendors and they provided oportunities for the direct commissions to get fitted and purchase uniforms if they needed them. The vendors showed up frequently throughout the six weeks for tailoring and even delivered them to the candidates during the last week.

As far as IFS goes, as of right now, IFS is only being conducted down at Pensacola and it doesnt appear, at least from my point of view, to be in any danger of "going away"

candidate2010

Its been a few years since I have been there, but when I went through seniors, we had classes with the uniform vendors and they provided oportunities for the direct commissions to get fitted and purchase uniforms if they needed them. The vendors showed up frequently throughout the six weeks for tailoring and even delivered them to the candidates during the last week.

As far as IFS goes, as of right now, IFS is only being conducted down at Pensacola and it doesnt appear, at least from my point of view, to be in any danger of "going away"

Hey Blakeness, I appreciate the input, thank you.

When you say "your point of view", what exactly would that be? Are you still in Pensacola? Or....?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Hey Blakeness, I appreciate the input, thank you.

When you say "your point of view", what exactly would that be? Are you still in Pensacola? Or....?

"my point of view" meaning that I am not affiliated with the IFS program. Im up at Whiting and actually did not have to do IFS but I know a ton of people who literally just got done with IFS (and a few who got attrited in IFS) and the program appears to be doing its job.

I think the big rumor about IFS going away got started after they stopped doing it up in Mannassas due to budget issues.