• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Turning down a slot

TBRaysluv

Dude, some people just don't have what it takes or just simply can't fit into the community. There's no harm in it, it's not for everyone.

No you don't understand... I went to law school, in turn now all I want to do is devour people's souls and watch the last bits of light slip out of the glimmer of their eyes while I suffocate even the faintest hope of life they have left.

Haha! Just kidding!

So I guess there is no point in applying now right?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Quitting grad school to join the Navy was the single best decision I've ever made. Even if I didn't ultimately get my first choice designator, and didn't end up in a cockpit.

My only further suggestion to you:

bluemarlin04

I can kind of see your point. If you were a 3L it wouldn't make sense to leave at that point especially if you are about 150-200k in debt from using loans to pay for law school. Leaving with that much debt would basically cripple you financially for a great portion of your adult life if you didn't get the earning potential that a JD would bring.

At the same time,

Why did you even apply for OCS if your intentions were to finish your degree?

I went to law school and said fuck it after 6 months. Luckily I didn't take out too much loans. Eventually I got into ocs a few years later. It was my childhood dream and I'm living it everyday.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Who are all of you to judge? You do not know the situation.
I think that you made the situation quite clear. Several times now.

You can think what you want but I simply came to this board for answers and not to be attacked. I was attacked for a decision I had already made with bad advice.
You didn't get attacked for making a decision to finish law school. There is no shame in that. You got attacked for writing things like this:

I want to be a navy officer above all else but when you invest 200k in an professional degree you probably want to finish especially if you are doing well. I applied to pilot and pilot alone because I would not be able to at the end of my professional degree because of my age. I have many many other options but it is just sad because I would have taken being any form of Naval Officer after I graduate over any other route because for me the Navy had a higher calling even over other military branches or positions in government protecting the constitution.
Which, frankly, is a load of bullshit. If you really felt that way, you would have left law school for the NFO spot.

I mean you kind of have to see that I made a decision, a decision I never should have had to make...
YOU walked into the officer recruiter's office. YOU filled out the paperwork. YOU signed the application with the NFO designator at the top (didn't they teach you not to sign anything before reading and understanding it in law school?) YOU did all this...when you had no intention of leaving law school, and now you are upset that wasting everyone's time and taking another potential candidate's position had repurcussions down the road? You realize that there might have been a borderline candidate in the reject pile who became too old to be an NFO after the 6-month wait to resubmit just because you didn't get exactly what you wanted?

I am sorry that your recruiter didn't make this clear to you, or maybe he did and you didn't quite understand it. Either way, the military is big on being accountable for your actions. You aren't doing that, and that is why you are catching so much heat.

exNavyOffRec

You didn't get attacked for making a decision to finish law school. There is no shame in that. You got attacked for writing things like this:

Which, frankly, is a load of bullshit. If you really felt that way, you would have left law school for the NFO spot.

YOU walked into the officer recruiter's office. YOU filled out the paperwork. YOU signed the application with the NFO designator at the top (didn't they teach you not to sign anything before reading and understanding it in law school?) YOU did all this...when you had no intention of leaving law school, and now you are upset that it had repurcussions down the road?

I am sorry that your recruiter didn't make this clear to you, or maybe he did and you didn't quite understand it. Either way, the military is big on being accountable for your actions. You aren't doing that, and that is why you are catching so much heat.

FYI, the new applications don't have signatures on the front page so in nearly all cases the only pages that the applicant sees are the ones that need a signature or initials, I believe there should be an initial so the person can acknowledge what they are putting in for.

TBRaysluv

YOU walked into the officer recruiter's office. YOU filled out the paperwork. YOU signed the application with the NFO designator at the top (didn't they teach you not to sign anything before reading and understanding it in law school?) YOU did all this...when you had no intention of leaving law school, and now you are upset that wasting everyone's time and taking another potential candidate's position had repurcussions down the road? You realize that there might have been a borderline candidate in the reject pile who became too old to be an NFO after the 6-month wait to resubmit just because you didn't get exactly what you wanted?

Well not clear enough apparently for some people. You send in a scanned signature page which is the last page.... the 1st page of the ASPR or APSR is digitally saved with your designators on it and it can be changed. I never signed anything with NFO on it and I was adamant in every discussion I had that I only want to apply to pilot because it is the only reason I would give up becoming an attorney first.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
FYI, the new applications don't have signatures on the front page so in nearly all cases the only pages that the applicant sees are the ones that need a signature or initials, I believe there should be an initial so the person can acknowledge what they are putting in for.

NRC is releasing a new APSR in the near future.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
Who are all of you to judge? You do not know the situation. Yes I did make the decision to turn it down a while ago after being told over and over again that it will not affect me and it is totally fine that I turn down a slot I NEVER APPLIED FOR! Which I now see were all LIES which I have come to understand comes with the territory.... WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE TO JUDGE. I ASKED A QUESTION I DON'T GIVE A FLYING LEAP WHAT YOU THINK OF ME. GET OVER YOURSELVES.

Oo, an all caps insult.