• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TS in Meridian

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndiguido

I have just finished primary and am checking into Meridian tomorrow to begin the TS training on Aug 4. I don't know much about the syllabus besides that it should take 10 months or so. If anyone can fill me in on what it's going to be like (i.e. how many flights a week, ground school, attrition rate, and anything else that may apply) it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by ndiguido
I have just finished primary and am checking into Meridian tomorrow to begin the TS training on Aug 4. I don't know much about the syllabus besides that it should take 10 months or so. If anyone can fill me in on what it's going to be like (i.e. how many flights a week, ground school, attrition rate, and anything else that may apply) it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Let's see .. well it CAN take 10 months. . anywhere from 9 to 14 I suppose. . TS guys in NINE are generally moving pretty good. ground school is six weeks. can't really attrite if you don't collect pink sheets.. sims can/will be double pumped. . later fams and forms are double pumped. expect to be scheduled every day. . Then do your anti-sigmet dance. .

good luck

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anti-sigmet? I remember back in the days of primary we used to break out the Indian rain dance. I suppose now it's a bad thing to be cnx weather. Kingsville had it's wannabe hurricane pass by just to the north, so there went a lost week.

nastypilot

diguido,

Avedikian and Devore will be checking in on Monday of next week. Shoot me an e-mail so we can get a couple of cold ones on Friday night.

Deke

ndiguido

Hey Deke, if your looking for a place to stay in Meridian, some ensign named Dan is looking for a roomate for his lake house. Call VT-9 SDO 601-679-2856 for my # and call me if you want his #.

Nick

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
I think you could probably rent some space in the shanty beneath the "Heroes in Training" billboard for real cheap...

airwinger

pilot
Dude, I went to Hojo's and I think I was scarred for life. Those bible readers may remember Joseph's dream about the seven fat women eating the seven skinny women(or something like that) that takes place in Meridian I think:)
airwinger

tdunn

Hey! Hey! Play nice!:) Seriously though, if you are a night life person, drive the 1.5 hrs to Mobile (not great either but better) or to Tuscaloosa (sp?). But don't expect much from Meridian. It makes most metro areas look huge. It really is Hickville, USA :)

a_steez

Good post Rainman. I'm surprised there is not any other jet studs willing to share some insight with us new folks coming in (besides the details of HoJos). Air Warriors.com is a great website, but 75% or more are people curious about getting in the navy and the wait in A-pool. It's a shame that the true airwarriors don't take advantage of the site like the curious hopefulls do.

I'll check in to Meridian on Aug 26 to start the TS, and would love some additional low down. Is it as much hell as the rumors suggest?...but I suppose that's quite the matter of opinion. Anything helps. For all the new folks like myself...find out about BAH at http://www.housing.navy.mil/pcshouse/prnt.cfm?targetloc=MERIDIAN%20NAS

Rainman

pilot
THANKS!

Unfortunately, I'm only getting on here every few weeks or so while my ass gets kicked in forms :)

I've added you to the VT9 private forum. . please be a contributor there and make new categories and make that section work. . . There are presetnly like eight dudes on there. . need more regulars to share the love. .and share the gouge. ..aight. . take it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.