• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TS for USMC Pilots

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Did you guys have to do time in the chair for the clearance?

If by the chair you mean the ripped up seat cushion at "Mom's" (the greasy, greasy flight line diner at Meridian) across the table from a socially promoted lackey bureaucrat that's bemoaning my lack of acquaintances remaining at my previous 5 duty stations whilst I stare at my coffee cup, then yes.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot

No, just a lengthy application to enable a pretty thorough background investigation.

As for everyone's comments about how to spend your time in Pensacola, I think it depends on what the current A-pool situation is. If they're doing the whole "everyone gets a stash job and actually works for a living" thing, volunteering for some interesting and (possibly someday) useful training isn't a bad idea. But if it's like when I was there and all you do is muster occasionally...your time is much better spent studying the beer lists at Hopjacks and WOB.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot

Yes. They also visit your family, a couple of your friends, and call almost anyone you list on there. In Kingsville this all happens within a couple months of you showing up. You need your clearance before you get to the FRS, at least for Hornets/Rhinos

jmcquate

Contributor
Yes. They also visit your family, a couple of your friends, and call almost anyone you list on there. In Kingsville this all happens within a couple months of you showing up. You need your clearance before you get to the FRS, at least for Hornets/Rhinos
So you get a poly? Sorry for the chair lingo, I dabbled with the 3 letters in a past life

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So you get a poly? Sorry for the chair lingo, I dabbled with the 3 letters in a past life
I did a CI poly years ago when I was enlisted, but it was something my command needed someone to do to meet some wicket, so I volunteered because it seemed like an interesting thing to do. Mostly what I expected, but fun to see the process.

jmcquate

Contributor
I did a CI poly years ago when I was enlisted, but it was something my command needed someone to do to meet some wicket, so I volunteered because it seemed like an interesting thing to do. Mostly what I expected, but fun to see the process.
It's been a while since I last took one. It was a TS SCI FS Life Style. I can think of a few words to describe it but fun aint one of them.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I presume the lifestyle one is a bit more personal. I just don't see how my amorous tendencies with barnyard animals are of any relevance to my clearance. :D

jmcquate

Contributor
I presume the lifestyle one is a bit more personal. I just don't see how my amorous tendencies with barnyard animals are of any relevance to my clearance. :D
Ya, on the drive home from the undisclosed location in Northern VA, you find yourself re-assessing your decision process as a younger man. :)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
About 15 years ago (after Walker spy ring) DOD was directed to polygraph about 10-15% of everyone who had a clearance.
I was a RAG student so the Wing elected to fill the 10% with RAG students. I had to go to the NCIS office in Jax to do the polygraph at 0630 on a Monday morning.
Since I just got my clearance I litterally knew nothing classified so there was no way I could have compromised classified info.

I actually fell asleep in the chair during the interview...

Anyways, once the DOD got the bill for all those polygraphs, they changed that rule quickly!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
This is sort of in the same vein as "Will I have a desk and chair to do my ground job?" Really... a non-question. All you need to worry about is "Do I have the clearance I need?" If yes, then fine. This also isn't even necessarily your job. Someone will verify it for you on check-in.

So to answer the other non-question: yes you will have a chair and desk at your disposal if you need it for your ground job.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
This is sort of in the same vein as "Will I have a desk and chair to do my ground job?" Really... a non-question. All you need to worry about is "Do I have the clearance I need?" If yes, then fine. This also isn't even necessarily your job. Someone will verify it for you on check-in.

So to answer the other non-question: yes you will have a chair and desk at your disposal if you need it for your ground job.

Until a chief needs somewhere to sit and drink their coffee.