• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trying an Interservice Transfer

serda07

Prior HM3 (FMF) turned SWO, and not enjoying life to say the least. Im starting the process to try to go back to the green side any way possible (Marines or Army). I know i have to get a conditional release from Navy, and i think some documents from the SECNAV or at least his office. Im trying to figure out points of contact in the admin. system to help get the ball rolling and more info on the how to part,as it seems there really isnt a structured system its mostly a "do it yourself" process. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

SERDA

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Prior HM3 (FMF) turned SWO, and not enjoying life to say the least. Im starting the process to try to go back to the green side any way possible (Marines or Army). I know i have to get a conditional release from Navy, and i think some documents from the SECNAV or at least his office. Im trying to figure out points of contact in the admin. system to help get the ball rolling and more info on the how to part,as it seems there really isnt a structured system its mostly a "do it yourself" process. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

SERDA

Here's a link to the Marine Corps Order about it. Knock yourself out.

There's no open board right now, but here's a link to the requirements for the last board. It gives you a good look at what's needed, and you'll find a point of contact at the bottom.

I could be wrong about no current board, but I'm too lazy to dig around all the messages.

Clux4

Banned
Inter-service Transfer Board to the Marine Corps goes on in January time frame. Be on the look out for the message around the first week of November.
To be frank with you, your chances are very, very slim. We are over our mandated manning levels and we are starting our augmentation process after about a 5 year hiatus. The Marine Corps will only bring you on in a field that is critical. The only critical field right now is JAG.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think you've probably got a better chance for re-designating than an interservice transfer. Any reason you're dying to go green instead of doing something else in the Navy?

Where are you at in SWO life? Got your pin yet? Speaking from experience, whatever you want to do, you've got a better chance of getting it after paying your dues with your chosen community than jumping at the first opportunity. A package with a SWO pin, some extra quals, some good fitreps, and a letter from your CO saying something to the effect of "We sure hate to lose him, he's a great officer" will help a lot more than just a letter from you saying, "I hate it here, let me out".