• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TRW-1 New Selection Board for Marines...

FLY_USMC

pilot
The new talk around VT7 and VT9 here in Meridian is, with the Wing Senior Marine changing hands recently, they've decided to go back to the old style of deciding what people get......by old style I mean I guess they used to do it like this back in the day.....by back in the day I mean before I got here. I guess once you're soft-winged and prior to winging, you'll show up in your chucks to a board, I'm assuming comprised of IP's from both squadrons, as well as the Senior Marines from both squadrons. Essentially IP's that know you, and IP's that don't, how they used to do I, essentially have no idea, did they just chat, did they have input from IP's, no idea? Anyways, you'll go in, in your chucks and talk with the board, tell them what you want...I'm assuming...and why...I'm assuming...and they'll probably ask you stuff...I'm assuming. Will know more when some guys do it prior to the 24 Aug winging, other than that, thought I'd spread the word....via online.

Talk amongst yourselves.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I.....guess.....it.......does?

Man, there's looking for an argument, and then there's switching a topic 180 degrees and REALLY looking for an argument! Shouldn't you be like, deployed or something?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
So this selection is at the end of advanced jets and before the FRS. Are they changing it for helos, too? What about selection after primary?

MongoUSMC

pilot
Think it is more of a change in the way they are doing business in TRW-1. TRW-2 has been doing it this way for the last year. I won't say they have been doing it longer as my scope is limited to the time that I was there.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The board consist of the Wing Senior Marine and both Senior Marines for both squadrons. MATSG provides the available slots for the week to the board members. The slots are provided by Manpower at HQMC.
Grades are still the number one selection criteria. Rarely does your personality play into the selection process unless you act unprofessionally. I won't discuss what happens if you act unprofessionally because most Marines do not have that problem. Semper Fly, Frumby