• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trustworthy used car place in Pensacola?

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Nice to be back on AW. I'm graduating OCS on Friday and will be headed to Pensacola shortly thereafter. I tried using the search feature because I'm positive a topic on this exists, but I think the AirWarriors search doesn't like overly simple terms like "used" and "car." I'll be flying in, so I'll need to purchase four wheels and a seat pretty quickly. Do any of you have a recommendation for a good dealership around NAS Pensacola?

Thanks!

EDIT: I am looking into USAA's Car Buying service as well. My goal is to find a used, low-mileage car for a good balance between condition and price.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I didn't end up buying anthing from them, but the Toyota dealership seemed legit, albeit 5 years ago. I also dealt with the Honda dealership a bit (both sales when I was shopping but didn't buy as well as service for my Civic that I brought to PNS with me), and they seemed decent, as well. If you're looking at a little higher end used car, the BMW dealership is okay (I bought new, but same people), but their service department was a little sketchy...at least the one CS rep chick that always seemed to "help" me but wouldn't listen to my issue.

brownshoe

Contributor
Too bad you’re not up my way. You could buy this 99 Merc for $ 5,000.00. It has only 35,000 miles and has been garage kept. It’s sitting in our shop with bulldozers and loaders, looks kinda funny.

Attachments

• Mercury 003.jpg
    Mercury 003.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • Mercury 006.jpg
    Mercury 006.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • Mercury 009.jpg
    Mercury 009.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
That's a nice Merc. Got the 4.6l? I know it's not flashy but they're a good set of wheels and if you want to get creative, makes a great sleeper.

OscarMyers

None
Hell with the Ensignmobile, get an EnsignCycle. I just so happen to be selling an '07 Harley Fatboy right here in sunny Pcola :)

GroundPounder

Hell with the Ensignmobile, get an EnsignCycle. I just so happen to be selling an '07 Harley Fatboy right here in sunny Pcola :)

You might have had it for a while and this is unnecessary, but watch out for crosswinds. That solid front wheel catches a lot of air. Crabbing a motorcycle into the wind doesn't work very well.

OscarMyers

None
You might have had it for a while and this is unnecessary, but watch out for crosswinds. That solid front wheel catches a lot of air. Crabbing a motorcycle into the wind doesn't work very well.

Yeah, I learned that on my first long ride back in '07 passing through the Blue Ridge mountains. A nice gust front made me its bitch, followed by a proper soaking. Thankfully the interstate was relatively empty at the time. But it's time for us to part ways, I have my eye on a lovely '66 mustang coupe.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I learned that on my first long ride back in '07 passing through the Blue Ridge mountains. A nice gust front made me its bitch, followed by a proper soaking. Thankfully the interstate was relatively empty at the time. But it's time for us to part ways, I have my eye on a lovely '66 mustang coupe.

I have a '66 at home (NOT for sale), let me know if you have any questions about it. They're great cars but there's a couple things to look forward to when buying them.

OscarMyers

None
I have a '66 at home (NOT for sale), let me know if you have any questions about it. They're great cars but there's a couple things to look forward to when buying them.

I couldn't figure out how to upload a picture to a PM so I just put in the thread. Sorry for the thread jack OP. 1966 coupe, 200 inline six with a three speed on the floor. Very clean and runs like a sewing machine. My buddy selling it is hanging on to it for me until I can get rid of the Fatboy.

photo (1).JPG

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Looks very clean, very straight. If you're good with the 200 then go for it. The biggest concern with those cars is the rust in floorboards, fender rust and rust out cowlings (can't see them, but they're under the grill behind the hood).

OscarMyers

None
From what I could tell the undercarriage was clean. Only had a couple chips in the paint and under the hood is super clean. I just wanted a cool car to put the kids in and cruise around in, I don't mind the 200. Its already got an aluminum radiator in it, I figure maybe put on some power disc brakes and enjoy the hell out of it.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I did the power disc upgrade in the front and it's well worth it. Upgrade to a '67 master cylinder since it'll make the front and rears separate and safer. There are some power upgrades available for the 200 if you do choose to go that route. The 200 is a solid motor though.