• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trump's Executive Order To Rebuild Military

Pistol

Any thoughts on how/if this will affect the aviation community any? Particularly speaking, will this play a significant role in the number of F-35's turned out? He's objected to the cost, but the superiority of the machine measures up imo.

Obviously it's far too soon to understand his leadership, but curious to see if any rumors are floating about.

Thanks in advance.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
ApocalypseNow_195Pyxurz.jpg

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
My mom continually believes it will improve my chances at O-4. She also doesn't understand that as a government worker, I can be "laid off."

In short, none of us know.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Executive orders can't alter the size of the military. That requires an appropriations bill from Congress.

In fairness, he's made a couple "orders" that appear to more be "intentions" until Congress funds any of them; specifically, the wall and the hiring of 5,000 additional Border Patrol agents.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Any thoughts on how/if this will affect the aviation community...

Obviously it's far too soon to understand his leadership, but curious to see if any rumors are floating about.

Thanks in advance.

#makeaviationgreatagain

No rumors.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All of the executive orders issued so far specify that they require congressional approval, to appropriate money or change legislation or both. There's already a lot of rumbling from the GOP budget hawks in Congress, and I doubt much of any of these orders will result in funding.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot

Pags

N/A
pilot
All of the executive orders issued so far specify that they require congressional approval, to appropriate money or change legislation or both. There's already a lot of rumbling from the GOP budget hawks in Congress, and I doubt much of any of these orders will result in funding.
A requirement without funding is a dream.