• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Trouble with LOR for Applications

TheManInTheBox99

Hello!

I feel as though I’m a pretty strong applicant for SWO. I’m an Eagle Scout, was Vice president of my universities competitive boxing club (largest club sport on campus and has several national championships), clean criminal and driving record, 3.24 gpa with history degree, 50 OAR score.

That being said, I am stumped on the letters of recommendation. I don’t have many connections to government employees (that aren’t family), I don’t have connections to active Navy personnel or military personnel in general, and all I’m really left with are my scoutmaster (former fire chief of our town), my neighbor/close friends dad (retired police sergeant) and a close family friend (federal postal inspection agent).

Do these people meet the standards that SWO boards are looking for with the LORs?

How did you go about selecting your recommenders?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Do these people meet the standards that SWO boards are looking for with the LORs?

Instead of creating posts for every single recruiting question you have… I kindly suggest you use the search function on here and when in doubt ask your officer recruiter.

On here, there’s already SWO board threads that’ll better assist you.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello!

I feel as though I’m a pretty strong applicant for SWO. I’m an Eagle Scout, was Vice president of my universities competitive boxing club (largest club sport on campus and has several national championships), clean criminal and driving record, 3.24 gpa with history degree, 50 OAR score.

That being said, I am stumped on the letters of recommendation. I don’t have many connections to government employees (that aren’t family), I don’t have connections to active Navy personnel or military personnel in general, and all I’m really left with are my scoutmaster (former fire chief of our town), my neighbor/close friends dad (retired police sergeant) and a close family friend (federal postal inspection agent).

How did you go about selecting your recommenders?
If those people know you, you will be fine. A Scoutmaster that knew you well in your formative years and has stayed in touch or a neighbor that you socialized with is better than a letter from a Navy O-6 that is a friend of a friend, or God forbid, a canned letter from a Congressman handed him by a constituent support staffer.