• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trouble finding a recruiter

justin2023

Hello guys,

I don't know if this is the place to post this but I have been having trouble recently talking to a recruiter. I go to college in Newport News, VA, and am hoping to pick up a commission for SNA via OCS (through the BDCP program more specifically since it was revived recently). The recruiting station in Norfolk has seemed to shut down since I first contacted them in December (it doesn't show up on the navy website). I reached out to NTAG Richmond and it took me a week to finally reach a recruiter (they never picked up the phone) and the guy I am talking to currently says nobody knows what BDCP is (at that recruiting station), and doesn't seem to be much help. He was also saying aviation boards are closed and that the last 2 boards happened, but are canceled. From what I see on here that is not true. Don't really know where to go from here? Some help would be much appreciated. Was looking to apply to the August board but at this rate, it doesn't seem that is possible as I haven't even started yet.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It sounds like you’re talking to an enlisted recruiter.

Use the navy.com website to find the closest officer recruiter. If that doesn’t work look up the official NTAG Richmond website… there’s usually a directory of numbers that can help you.

justin2023

I used the directory, called their numbers and kept being redirected to others. Called the officer lines and they never picked up the phone so called their main line and was given the phone number of a recruiter. Was told he is an officer recruiter and have discussed OCS with him. Says he doesn’t know how to start the application and can’t seem to find the info on BDCP anywhere. Richmond is closest to me since I live in VA. Im thinking about reaching out to Charlotte or Pittsburgh

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
I used the directory, called their numbers and kept being redirected to others. Called the officer lines and they never picked up the phone so called their main line and was given the phone number of a recruiter. Was told he is an officer recruiter. Richmond is closest to me
since I live in VA. Im thinking about reaching out to Charlotte or Pittsburgh
The
Hello guys,

I don't know if this is the place to post this but I have been having trouble recently talking to a recruiter. I go to college in Newport News, VA, and am hoping to pick up a commission for SNA via OCS (through the BDCP program more specifically since it was revived recently). The recruiting station in Norfolk has seemed to shut down since I first contacted them in December (it doesn't show up on the navy website). I reached out to NTAG Richmond and it took me a week to finally reach a recruiter (they never picked up the phone) and the guy I am talking to currently says nobody knows what BDCP is (at that recruiting station), and doesn't seem to be much help. He was also saying aviation boards are closed and that the last 2 boards happened, but are canceled. From what I see on here that is not true. Don't really know where to go from here? Some help would be much appreciated. Was looking to apply to the August board but at this rate, it doesn't seem that is possible as I haven't even started yet.
The officer recruiting office is in VA beach near lynhaven mall. Also start by viewing the Program Authorization for BDCP.

justin2023

The

The officer recruiting office is in VA beach near lynhaven mall. Also start by viewing the Program Authorization for BDCP.
I didn’t see them on the navy website but I found their number and will give them a call later today. I’ve viewed it and I qualify for it as far as I know

I had the same problem with recruiters. It's not too hard to get the numbers, but getting people to pick up is a completely different story. You just have to keep calling and calling and calling until you can break through to someone. I had to call someplace in Richmond, VA like three times over a 6 month period to answer the basic screening questions because nobody was picking up at the numbers they referred me to (it seemed like I was referred to different numbers each time). Eventually, I got through to someone and things went relatively smoothly after that.

It was pretty much the reverse for the Air Force. I reached out to an Air Force recruiter and received a response in less than an hour giving me some basic information and directing me to their weekly informational zoom group meetings for officer applicants. I thought things were going good until the meeting started and they basically just told all 30 of us that there weren't any slots open in the first 5 minutes... I didn't bother to stay for the rest of the meeting.

justin2023

appreciate the replies guys. I reached out to an officer recruiter I talked to in December and apparently Norfolk is still online and he gave me a number to call. Will reach out to them and hopefully not have to go in a loop again. Richmond recruiters have been telling me different things and have been taking forever to do anything

FinkUFreaky

pilot
appreciate the replies guys. I reached out to an officer recruiter I talked to in December and apparently Norfolk is still online and he gave me a number to call. Will reach out to them and hopefully not have to go in a loop again. Richmond recruiters have been telling me different things and have been taking forever to do anything
keep calling. I signed on 13 years ago, it took a lot of leg work but you have to drive your application. I was BDCP as well, it had been around for a while, my recruiter knew nothing about it (I learned about it through this awesome website). Drive your application, keep calling, etc. I was one of the last BDCPs I think; glad to hear it's coming back? Pretty sweet deal.

wonderb0iwl

God, I have been dealing with the same thing recently. Everyone I would call wouldn't answer or it would be a dead cell. I ended up calling an enlisted recruiter and he gave me like 6 numbers to call. Only one actually returned my call and he was very helpful. So I guess its a numbers game, try to get numbers from any enlisted recruiter you can find and just keep at it.

As for the aviation boards closing, I heard the same thing from my recruiter. He said they won't know until later in the year if they will be taking more. But yeah looking at these posts it doesn't make sense why they cancelled them there seems to be lots of seats, must know something we don't.

Last edited:

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
Would he help enlisted personnel?
Officer recruiter can’t really do much with enlisted personnel building an OCS package no more than I can help a prior enlisted go active duty. They can help administer the OAR but yourself have to come up with officer interview/appraisals, personnel statements waivers etc. Your CCC can help you the most with an OCS application meeting deadlines etc.

justin2023

keep calling. I signed on 13 years ago, it took a lot of leg work but you have to drive your application. I was BDCP as well, it had been around for a while, my recruiter knew nothing about it (I learned about it through this awesome website). Drive your application, keep calling, etc. I was one of the last BDCPs I think; glad to hear it's coming back? Pretty sweet deal.
Actually reached out and set up an intro meeting yesterday with a recruiter in Norfolk. He was nice and he didn't know much about the program but he said we can get my application started. I guess I just had to look around hard enough. Hoping I can get into that program as I am a rising senior its one hell of a deal for sure

God, I have been dealing with the same thing recently. Everyone I would call wouldn't answer or it would be a dead cell. I ended up calling an enlisted recruiter and he gave me like 6 numbers to call. Only one actually returned my call and he was very helpful. So I guess its a numbers game, try to get numbers from any enlisted recruiter you can find and just keep at it.

As for the aviation boards closing, I heard the same thing from my recruiter. He said they won't know until later in the year if they will be taking more. But yeah looking at these posts it doesn't make sense why they cancelled them there seems to be lots of seats, must know something we don't.
Yeah man same boat for a while, unfortunately. Yeah, they might be true or might not be the other guy I was talking to in Richmond said they were closed and to not listen to the lies online saying they are open (this website). No way I was going to go with him needed a new recruiter for sure