• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trouble between JRs and SNs

radar9000

Just Curious what happens if candidates get into trouble with the law, between JRs and SNs at USMC OCS, or even after OCS and they are just waiting to be commissioned?

For example a candidate is charged with a minor non-traffic offense after completing JRs?

Is that candidate just simply dropped from the program?

Bullitt01

From what I understand, it would depend greatly on what exactly the offense was & the circumstances involved. I'm sure your OSO could answer any quiestions you have, just a phonecall away.:icon_wink

djj34

pilot
I'll tell ya this much:

The OSO better find out from the offender first... makes a world of difference in some cases.

^^^^^ Second this. It's up to the OSO's discretion to drop a candidate for any reason he sees fit, from what I've seen. An OSO can also fight for a candidate to remain in the program if he does have a run-in with the law. My OSO threatened to drop an OCS complete candidate who stopped returning any phonecalls and emails, and stopped attending pool functions and PFTs.