• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trijicon ACOG

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Does anyone have experience with the ACOG and can explain the Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC)? Is it worth the 700+ price tag?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FMRAM said:
Does anyone have experience with the ACOG and can explain the Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC)? Is it worth the 700+ price tag?

Squeeze has one.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Squeeze has one.

I've got the TA01NSN model. It doesn't have that BAC reticle - it has the crosshairs with the BDC calibrated for an M-4 w/ 62gr rounds. I love my ACOG and have nothing negative to say about it. But I do wonder sometimes how I convinced myself to spend $800 for such an optic. But damn is it cool.

The TA31s have the BAC reticle with a built in BDC and they are very popular scopes. Trijicon is top notch for the type of optics they make. You also might want to look into the new variable power Elcan that's supposed to be pretty nice.