• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tribal Knowledge on DD-368 Release Navy Reserve Enlisted Intel to 1835 DCO

Reservist

Intelligence Officer
Navy Reserve Enlisted E-5 - Selected for 1835 DCO in September 2018.

Waiting on CNIFR to approve my DD-368.

I'm hearing rumblings that CNIFR is not approving release requests for IS, CT and related rates.

CNIFR has had my request for two weeks now. Prior to getting the letter to CNIFR - I got letters from my CO, the NOSC, CNIFR Mid-Atlantic.

Has anyone had success in getting the CNIFR DD-368 approved in the situation I'm describing or to the contrary, had it denied?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Navy Reserve Enlisted E-5 - Selected for 1835 DCO in September 2018.

Waiting on CNIFR to approve my DD-368.

I'm hearing rumblings that CNIFR is not approving release requests for IS, CT and related rates.

CNIFR has had my request for two weeks now. Prior to getting the letter to CNIFR - I got letters from my CO, the NOSC, CNIFR Mid-Atlantic.

Has anyone had success in getting the CNIFR DD-368 approved in the situation I'm describing or to the contrary, had it denied?

I just commissioned a former ISC as an 1835 Intel Officer about 2 months ago, so that doesn't really sound accurate...

Also, the DD-368 took no more than a week to come back.

Reservist

Intelligence Officer
I just commissioned a former ISC as an 1835 Intel Officer about 2 months ago, so that doesn't really sound accurate...

Also, the DD-368 took no more than a week to come back.

Thanks all! Checked on this yesterday with my recruiter. I'll give it one more week and drive it from there. I actually think I know the new Senior Chief for CNIFR personally - so I can reach out and touch someone if I have fair basis to. He offered to help me get this signature a month ago, but I opted to let the recruiter work the magic as we had a plan in place..

Getting anxious here!

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Thanks all! Checked on this yesterday with my recruiter. I'll give it one more week and drive it from there. I actually think I know the new Senior Chief for CNIFR personally - so I can reach out and touch someone if I have fair basis to. He offered to help me get this signature a month ago, but I opted to let the recruiter work the magic as we had a plan in place..

Getting anxious here!
Uh, don't wait on anyone. Ever. This is your ship to drive. Call CNIFR.

Reservist

Intelligence Officer
I'm a bit chain of command guy - being an enlisted dude - I see trouble written all over me calling CNIFR directly. Not career ending trouble, but I see an ass chew in my future with doing it that way. But the point of drive it - very well taken and agreed 100%. Thanks guys!

Reservist

Intelligence Officer
@Reservist Did you have to drive the ship on this one, or did it get handled by the recruiter?

I drove this. Once I found out I was selected in September 2019, my reciter did tell me I'd need to get the conditional release. I'm not trying to beat my recruiter up here either - I like the guy and he was willing to learn and he was helpful.

He sent me some initial guidance on how to do the conditional release. It was wrong. I had already figured that out on my own. Luckily, I had asked around my NOSC and command a bit on how this process works and what I heard conflicted with the what the recruiter told me. We had another enlisted guy that was in Afghanistan as a contractor that had just completed the process. They put me in tough with him and he gave me the goods.

Once I had that, I talked by phone and e-mail with my recruiter again and sure enough - he had sent the wrong directions. I found the correct ones on my own and he was able to learn how to do it right along with me.

From there, I drafted all four letters and kept it moving through the different commands. When things stalled out - I got help. I needed help contacting the regional command and the national but I got it.

I can't say my recruiter didn't help - but as far as driving this went - I drove it start to finish but had to get a little help to crossing the finish line.