• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TRAWING 5? or 6? (for Marines)

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Just wondering how many Marines typically go to TRAWING 6? I have always heard about TRAWING 5, but not as much about TW6. Can anyone enlighten me? I only ask because I read that TW6 has the T-6 Texan and TW5 has the "Tormentor". Thanks!

navysoccer18

FNG
pilot
If you are an SNA, you will go to TRAWING 5; TRAWING 6 only trains SNFOs. If you are interested in flying the T-6, ask about going to Vance for primary.

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
Shows my ignorance, but I guess that's what this site is for. Thanks!

Raptor2216

What is so bad about the T-34? It's an awesome plane and you won't even be able to push it to its limits while you are at primary...I don't understand this crazy fascination people have with the T-6. Become an instructor someday and fly it. At least you'll know what you are doing by then and actually have some fun with it.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
What is so bad about the T-34? It's an awesome plane and you won't even be able to push it to its limits while you are at primary...I don't understand this crazy fascination people have with the T-6. Become an instructor someday and fly it. At least you'll know what you are doing by then and actually have some fun with it.

Probably has to do with flying old vs new. I chose my job at Whiting and the T-34 because of the job......over going to TW-6 and the T-6. If the jobs had been equal, I would certainly fly the T-6 over the T-34. The ability to see over the stud and the ejection seat would be the two main reasons. It gets old looking over the shoulder of the studs. Still, the T-34 is a blast, a bit slow but a little go-kart that can point and go in any direction.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
^ send a bunch of booze up to the VT students at Whiting and we'll put in a good word for you.:D

In all seriousness... no... but being friends with flight management types at NASC couldn't hurt.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor

The t-34 really sucks in my opinion...
l_6f8cc7621d4d5a71052a92f4adb8ed8e.jpg

TheGreatWaldo

pilot
To avoid Vance for Marines.........don't piss anyone off while your stashed at MATSG. There usually aren't enough volunteers for Vance, so they tend to look to the sh!t list.

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
The only reason I have now asked twice about the T-6 vs. T-34 is just so I can have a heads up on what I will be flying in about three months, after The Buzzword School. I think it's pretty clear it will be the Turbo Mentor.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
The only reason I have now asked twice about the T-6 vs. T-34 is just so I can have a heads up on what I will be flying in about three months, after The Buzzword School. I think it's pretty clear it will be the Turbo Mentor.

Heads up for what?

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
"Heads up" meaning I want to know in advance which plane I will be training in.