• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Traveling with pets...

angelbee13

I have a 90 pound dog that I will be traveling with to San Diego from Milton. Does anyone know if there are any pet friendly hotels? I am driving a Penske truck and he travels well but I dont want to have to sleep in the truck because of him.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It ain't the hilton, but most La Quintas are completely pet friendly. If you need to snag 7 hours of sleep, they work and are cheap.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Any Red Roof Inn takes pets I believe. They aren't great but just fine for the night.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
We Super 8'ed it alllllll the way from JAX to Whidbey. Resaonably okay and they always had semi/large truck parking. Most hotels will make exceptions when you pull the "military family moving across the country" sob story. Makes for good discounts and room upgrades!
:D

p.s. everyone I know that lives in SD loves it! you're going to have a great time there!

teabag53

pilot
Google "pet friendly hotels" and you will ultimately find a site that lists what's around where you want to be. I did this when travelling with my two Danes but have since lost the money site I had found.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
La Quintas are the way to go. Some are not pet friendly though. One in New Mexico even had a 'dog park'

Phoenix1

In my experience, showing up at 8pm or later, no hotel will turn you away (unless you are at a 4star or something). Any $50-$90 a night hotel/motel will usually allow it, regardless of what their website says, etc. Pet policy is rarely written in strict policy, its typically completely up to the manager/front desk attendant. And should you get turned away, they will almost always point you to a friendly place. Good luck, don't sweat this detail...

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Our upcoming trip from Corpus to Jax will be intersesting with two medium sized dogs and two cats. Cats in the U-Haul, (drugged) dogs in the trailing car perhaps.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Corpus to Jax? You don't need a hotel for that...straight shot East!

I did P'cola to Coprus in one shot in my Camaro. But Coprus to Jax....A slightly longer trip, with a U-haul pulling a car, my wife driving the other, two dogs, two cats. Probably not.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Ahh, the dreaded two car...New Orleans is a good place to stop (Covington technically) on 10 and plenty of hotels...that's where WE stopped...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
From a guy currently PCS-ing with a dog, La Quinta is pretty much the best out there. I tried to find better places that would allow me to bring my dog, but no dice. Besides, the LQ rewards rack up quickly. I have a free five night stay in the Buena Vista Palace in Disney, all paid for with LQ points bought with per diem money.

helo_wifey

A lot of the Choice Brand hotels (comfort suits/inn, etc) are pet friendly, we have always stayed with them while traveling with pets.

Angels

Contributor
I did P'cola to Coprus in one shot in my Camaro. But Coprus to Jax....A slightly longer trip, with a U-haul pulling a car, my wife driving the other, two dogs, two cats. Probably not.
Definitely not! Unless you want five very cranky beings!