• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Travel Voucher over 30 days not paid

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Gouge: for all of you who have people stuck in the great PSD backlog of 2018 and they are getting jammed by government travel card late fees because they had a huge claim, have a look (google) at DOD FMR 5154.31 section 041201. Read it closely because there is some pretty specific stuff in there, but read it.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/dodi5154.cfm

P.S. If your first reaction is to say "well they signed a page 13 that they are fully responsible for their government credit card," then please do America a favor by immediately punching yourself in the face as hard as you can.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Gouge: for all of you who have people stuck in the great PSD backlog of 2018 and they are getting jammed by government travel card late fees because they had a huge claim, have a look (google) at DOD FMR 5154.31 section 041201. Read it closely because there is some pretty specific stuff in there, but read it.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/dodi5154.cfm

P.S. If your first reaction is to say "well they signed a page 13 that they are fully responsible for their government credit card," then please do America a favor by immediately punching yourself in the face as hard as you can.

Yeah, and they did some DTS 101 training...

I don’t understand why they can’t do a travel voucher for themselves where they got one MRE a day, were on TAD to a single location for >31 days, crossed the IDL 3 times, had plane tickets they ended up not using, and have foreign receipts for both cash purchases, personal CC, GTCC and OCONUS lodging tax.

Do we not have 12 extra hours in our 14 hour work days to figure simple things like that out?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, and they did some DTS 101 training...

I don’t understand why they can’t do a travel voucher for themselves where they got one MRE a day, were on TAD to a single location for >31 days, crossed the IDL 3 times, had plane tickets they ended up not using, and have foreign receipts for both cash purchases, personal CC, GTCC and OCONUS lodging tax.

Do we not have 12 extra hours in our 14 hour work days to figure simple things like that out?
It’s also apparently perfectly OK to leave a servicemember stuck in a tent in Australia for an extra day, because they dared to try to book a ticket on an incorrectly-formatted ORDMOD. Nope, gotta cancel that ticket, because the terrorists win if we let people book travel and follow up with a confirmation order. And those lazy slugs should find a way to make sure their orders are formatted correctly, even when they’re in the field in a foreign country, literally a continent away from NMCI access.

At least the Aussie chow hall had cookies.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
It’s also apparently perfectly OK to leave a servicemember stuck in a tent in Australia for an extra day, because they dared to try to book a ticket on an incorrectly-formatted ORDMOD. Nope, gotta cancel that ticket, because the terrorists win if we let people book travel and follow up with a confirmation order. And those lazy slugs should find a way to make sure their orders are formatted correctly, even when they’re in the field in a foreign country, literally a continent away from NMCI access.

At least the Aussie chow hall had cookies.
Chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin. Chocolate chip isn’t fiscally responsible because they all get eaten.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Literally my first day on the job as admin DH went something like this:

AO: "Our first job is to cover the skipper's ass and make sure we are not violating the JTRs."
Me: "I'm happy doing things above-board and not getting people fired. But our first job is taking care of our people. What happens in the real world doesn't always resolve cleanly to DTS."

You can imagine how well we've gotten along since then... ;)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why They think it’s acceptable for a service member to provide an interest free loan to the government when They are slow to do their jobs boggles my mind.