• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Travel Claims for TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAmookie

I will be driving to TBS from the west coast but am not taking an official PCS move or whatnot. What i am wondering is, will the marine corps repay me for the cost it takes to drive me out there. My OSO told me that that i could file a travel claim with gas and hotel receits and that i would be repaid. is this true without filing an actual "move" and just driving out there?

Any and all help appreciated, and im getting to be under a time crunch. Thanks.

motv8r

Where do I sign up?
Are you on active duty right now? I know all NROTC & PLC Marines do not start getting paid until they check in. I am not sure if they will be able file a travel claim because they were not active during travel to TBS. I know for a fact if you are an active duty Marine you will get reimbursed for all travel expenses gas,lodging and mileage.

July 7th + TBS = me... Echo Co.? yut yut

LSUMarine

Lay off me! I'm starving!
I was PLC and my orders to TBS had me going active 4 days before I reported at Camp Barrett for the travel time. They are going to pay you a per diem rate and milage so you don't need to save receits for hotels, and unless you are DITY moving your stuff up there as well, then you don't need to save gas receits. If you are going to DITY, which I would suggest even if its just for a little bit of clothing and golf clubs, then yes, you do need to save gas/oil receits and get an empty weight of your vehicle (make sure that it's EMPTY) and a full weight. TMO isn't going to come to TBS to do DITY paperwork on you guys for the trip up there. You need to requests time off to go over to mainside and get your counseling done with TMO. Now the TBS admin section will have you do a travel claim Barney style, but that is seperate from a DITY (do it yourself) claim. Clear as mud? Good.
At least that's the way it worked when I was there for Alpha '04.

Status
Not open for further replies.