• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transferring schools while under BDCP

Captain America

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?
I am currently waiting for my final select, so I am not actually in BDCP yet, but I have a question about transferring schools while in the program.

Specifically, if you are transferring to a school better than the one you are currently at and pursuing the same major (with the same graduation date), will they let you switch schools?

I will most likely be getting final select before the end of this semester, but I want to transfer starting next fall (I haven't been accepted yet into this other school, my app is still in the review process). My recruiter has been unavailable lately, so does anyone know if any of this is possible?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Absolutely.

I know someone from North Carolina who was going to NC State, got accepted to the CEC collegiate program (basically BDCP), then transferred to Michigan. The kicker? Since he was considered active duty military, he only paid in-state tuition.

Just curious, what school did you want to transfer to, and you now realize that Sparty just plain sucks, right?

Captain America

Yes, fantastic. Thanks for the reply.

Just like the guy you mentioned, I want to transfer to UMich. I know, I know, by transferring there I completely forsake Sparty. Michigan is just so much better of a school though, so I'll have to say goodbye to him.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Is that even allowed? I'm sure the admissions office lit your application on fire in a hobo's trash can after they saw that you go to MSU.

Captain America

Yeah the counselor on the phone said something like "I'm going to burn this app, just like you guys almost burned down your school last year after losing to NC in the final four."

No, she didn't say that, but it would've been funny if she had.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
firefriendly said:
Wait. Once you become active duty college tuition becomes in-state tuition even if you are out of state?

Yes...with the exception of the people's republic of California. If you're active duty military and your primary duty is education, you have to cough up out-of-state tuition. If, however, you're say, stationed in San Diego for reasons other than education, you can go to UC-San Diego off duty for in-state tuition.