• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transfer from VTU

SELRES_AMDO

Non pays are easy now days. Put a request in NSIPS and have someone approve it.

The old paper method sucked and there were plenty of times that I didn't even bother submitting the paperwork.

Pags

N/A
pilot
  1. I think it would be fun and rewarding to help local youth on college advice/applications.
  2. Extra retirement points.
  3. May want my kids to get accepted, when they are old enough.
  4. May want to go on 2 yr recall orders at O3/O4 to be a professor.
  5. May want to bring the kids to go watch USNA sporting events, e.g. football games.
Not germane to this thread, but there's no reason you can't go to USNA sporting events right now. I occasionally buy football tix to take the kids and we can hang out with old squadron buds who are alums. Can do it with other sports too.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
If I retire in 2022 when eligible, my retirement pay would be about $2,100 per month. If I retire in 2029 at 20 years commissioned service, which is when they will kick me out as an O4, my retirement pay would be about $3,100 per month. Kind of a no brainer.

If I somehow pick up O5, I can stay until 2037 which is when I hit 28 years commissioned service as well as mandatory retirement due to age. If I do that, my retirement pay would be about $5,600 per month. Also a no brainer.

This assumes I hit 130 points per year every year.

SELRES_AMDO

I agree. It makes financial sense to stay in the reserves as long as possible to get the most for your pension. That all hinges on if you can put up with the NOSC reserve games and if the politics of the Wardroom are worth it to you.

And don't forget, Uncle Sam is only a phone call away from sending you downrange if a major conflict breaks out. Some of my Sailors often forgot that the Navy is going to want their pound of flesh at some point.