• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transfer Colleges

skydiving

Yea i have to talk to my recruiter to see if I could hold off signing I am only finishing my sophomore year so I have 2 more years to go....although I have a feeling I would never get back in OCS if I reapplyed. This whole situation sucked...I should have waited till after senior year to apply.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Sky, just out of curiosity, why do you want to transfer?

Without knowing much of your circumstances, I'm going to have to agree with Tom. You'd be a fool to turn down such a great opportunity. Relatively guaranteed job with benefits after graduation, pay and building points toward some sort of retirement while your in college... oh and has anyone mentioned you will be paid more after commission since your BDCP time counts as active duty for your time in service.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
but it that sense they may not approve the transfer because im going from a BS to a BA in the same major.

I'm curious what designator you got accepted for? Because for the most part, all that is required to earn a commission is a Bachelor's degree, so there really isn't a difference between a BA and BS. I can't see the Navy Shit-picking the difference between say, a BA and BS in Psychology or Economics.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I'm curious what designator you got accepted for? Because for the most part, all that is required to earn a commission is a Bachelor's degree, so there really isn't a difference between a BA and BS. I can't see the Navy Shit-picking the difference between say, a BA and BS in Psychology or Economics.
I can see a BA in general studies compared to a BS in engineering. I imagine that what your degree is plays a role, even if a small one, in your application.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Yea i have to talk to my recruiter to see if I could hold off signing I am only finishing my sophomore year so I have 2 more years to go....although I have a feeling I would never get back in OCS if I reapplyed. This whole situation sucked...I should have waited till after senior year to apply.

I agree not to let this slip through your fingers altogether. You have so long before your FINDOCs MUST be submitted. Use that time to your advantage to sort things out. But the trade off between college life with BDCP vs. college life without it is worth not transferring at all if all you are about is becoming an Officer in my opinion. Analyze the situation, but don't take too long.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I can see a BA in general studies compared to a BS in engineering. I imagine that what your degree is plays a role, even if a small one, in your application.

OP said that he was switching from a BA to BS in the same major...i.e. some colleges offer a BA in Economics and a BS in Economics. Again...I can't see the Navy caring about the difference between a BA or BS in the same major if the applicant is going for a designator that doesn't spell out a certain degree requirement.

skydiving

I got selected as a Navy Pilot (SNA). I can't stay at my college for 2 more years it isn't an option. They raised tuition a shit load, and it is way to hard to stay there even with the extra money. Also, the school just hasn't been working out for me with a crappy academic department in my major and everything. I am going for a BS in Mathematics, and I have to switch either to a BA in mathematics, or a BS in Statistics and Mathematics. I wish I had waited till senior year to apply, b/c then I would have been able to transfer easily, and not worry about the Navy till senior year to try for a pilot slot. My recruiter is definitly trying to get me to sign before I transfer but that may not be an option.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I got selected as a Navy Pilot (SNA). I can't stay at my college for 2 more years it isn't an option. They raised tuition a shit load, and it is way to hard to stay there even with the extra money. Also, the school just hasn't been working out for me with a crappy academic department in my major and everything. I am going for a BS in Mathematics, and I have to switch either to a BA in mathematics, or a BS in Statistics and Mathematics. I wish I had waited till senior year to apply, b/c then I would have been able to transfer easily, and not worry about the Navy till senior year to try for a pilot slot. My recruiter is definitly trying to get me to sign before I transfer but that may not be an option.

:eek: Even with a payment contract? That's what they offer at my private university. Not to ply, but at 10% or so a month and your BDCP pay, just how much of a tuition hike are we talking about here?

skydiving

Yea...like it was tough to pay before and now it's even worse, like I lost funding and scholarships I thought I would have...I think I am going to have to re-apply to the program after I transfer because I won't get my official contract for another 2 months or so...making me commit to the new school before hand. :-(

If I lose a pilot slot I am going to be one very pissed person, but I guess I should have waited to apply till after I transfered schools and not before. I doubt they would give me another shot to accept pilot slot after I would have in a sense turned it down before.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
You should ask the business office about a reduced tuition. I know this is a long shot and probably won't work, but in state universities if you're in BDCP you are active duty. This means you get in state tuition, which can be much cheaper. You may be able to save some money. I don't know if this works for private schools though.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Yea...like it was tough to pay before and now it's even worse, like I lost funding and scholarships I thought I would have...I think I am going to have to re-apply to the program after I transfer because I won't get my official contract for another 2 months or so...making me commit to the new school before hand. :-(

If I lose a pilot slot I am going to be one very pissed person, but I guess I should have waited to apply till after I transfered schools and not before. I doubt they would give me another shot to accept pilot slot after I would have in a sense turned it down before.

Well I do sympathize with you and hope things work out because I've been in that very same boat more or less.