• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Training Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoe

John/Matt,

Okay, I'm trying to put together a rough schedule and I was wondering if you two could correct this based on my estimates for Jet selection based on what it took the two of you.

13 Weeks OCS-Pensacola

6 Weeks API-Pensacola

19 Weeks Primary-NAS Whiting Field

25 Weeks Intermediate-NAS Meridian

35 Weeks Advanced-NAS Meridian

How long did it take you guys to get through advanced?? I was originally going to be in the June 2nd OCS class, but my employer threw a bunch of cash at me if I'd stay though mid-September, I'll be rolling into one of the last OCS classes to finish in 01 in late September.

Thanks for your time!!

-Dave

vballpilot

Since we are talking about timelines here I was wondering how long you have to serve in the Navy after flight training. I saw somewhere that the marines require 8 years of service but I believe that is after all your flight training is completed. Does anyone know if this is accurate? And what are the Navy's cuurent requirements?
j

Musiqlover

It is 7 years for helos/props, and 8 years for jets. Those years begin once you are winged I believe. So, the time spent training up until around when you get winged does NOT count towards your 7 or 8 years. I am not DEFINITELY sure about this, but am pretty sure. Email John, he could confirm it.

PM

Tahoe

Hey Matt,

I didn't expect something in stone, if I've learned anything in the two years I've worked for a defense contractor is that the government works on THEIR own timeline!! Hope things are going well and I look forward to reading your training updates!!

-Dave Sabo

Status
Not open for further replies.